2 Weeks in Pixel 3

ab190670

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi just thought id post my thoughts after a couple weeks with the Pixel 3 coming from a Blackberry Keyone which i loved.

I'll admit i was really worried I'd miss the physical keyboard which in ways I do but I'm finding it less so every day, its still in my opinion better than a touch keyboard but not so much as i thought.

Im not going to list pros and cons im just going to say it as it is.

Everything just works, I'm sure its been said a million times but android on the pixel is fab it just is.

Screen colours are fab and brightness once I'd made a couple of adjustments is just where i wanted it.

Front facing Stereo Speakers are very good although call quality is perhaps a little lacking from what I'm used to and I don't seem to get HD voice which i was used to on the Keyone but maybe i need to adjust something and its ok so no big problem.

Camera, well wow I don't need to say anything else.

Updates are constant and on time.

After coming from Blackberry first thing i did was install Blackberry Hub as a all encompassing message hub and its perfect everything all in one place.

Battery life is ok but not great to be honest but gets me through the day, but on the upside charging is quick so a little 10 min charge sorts it out but if you are a power user it could be an issue.

Pixel Launcher on pie for me is perfect i'm sure there are better but for me it just works which is a bit of a recurring statement but its something i just keep thinking, maybe without being amazing or game changing it "just works" and it does it well.

Android Pie is good and love the gestures and the updates are quick and well managed.

Conclusions after a couple of weeks with the Pixel and using a "pure" version of Android, Good Phone, Brilliant camera, superb OS, Id highly recommend.

All in all I'm really glad i made the change and hope for many happy years with the Google brand that i had with Blackberry.

Basically in my opinion a very good phone that without creating a Wow factor "just works"

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi just thought id post my thoughts after a couple weeks with the Pixel 3 coming from a Blackberry Keyone which i loved.

I'll admit i was really worried I'd miss the physical keyboard which in ways I do but I'm finding it less so every day, its still in my opinion better than a touch keyboard but not so much as i thought.

Everything just works, I'm sure its been said a million times but android on the pixel is fab it just is.

Screen colours are fab and brightness once I'd made a couple of adjustments is just where i wanted it.

Front facing Stereo Speakers are very good although call quality is perhaps a little lacking from what I'm used to and I don't seem to get HD voice which i was used to on the Keyone but maybe i need to adjust something and its ok so no big problem.

After coming from Blackberry first thing i did was install Blackberry Hub as a all encompassing message hub and its perfect everything all in one place.

Battery life is ok but not great to be honest but gets me through the day, but on the upside charging is quick so a little 10 min charge sorts it out but if you are a power user it could be an issue.

Pixel Launcher on pie for me is perfect i'm sure there are better but for me it just works which is a bit of a recurring statement but its something i just keep thinking, maybe without being amazing or game changing it "just works" and it does it well.

Android Pie is good and love the gestures and the updates are quick and well managed.

Conclusions after a couple of weeks with the Pixel and using a "pure" version of Android, Good Phone, Brilliant camera, superb OS, Id highly recommend.

All in all I'm really glad i made the change and hope for many happy years with the Google brand that i had with Blackberry.

Basically in my opinion a very good phone that without creating a Wow factor "just works"

Thanks for sharing.... Glad you're enjoying your phone.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Great to hear your enjoying your Pixel! I think it's great when members share their experiences with the device. Pixel doesn't resonate with everyone, but when it does nothing else works as well.

chrispmoto

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Awesome, me too.....
Were you able to get the BlackBerry keyboard???
I couldn't at first and just recently did and it's a game changer!!!!
I am really liking my Pixel as well.
I still do miss the physical keyboard I am sure, as was making WAY TOO MANY typos....
Much better since I got the BlackBerry keyboard tho,
much better!!

ab190670

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Update Hd voice on calls works fine as does wifi calling which on my keyone was dodgy at best.

Last edited:

aecgda

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Regular monthly security updates here are better too than the long waits I had with my BlackBerry Motion (which was excellent).

ab190670

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Bit of a thread revival, I've dumped blackberry hub for all messaging as sms and calls seem to have been removed and made folder with all messaging in one place which works for me. Still loving the phone, and camera wise its fab I work as a photographer and even used the pixel rather than my dslr for a building shot which I never thought I would, I'll admit light was perfect but the shot was for web use but it did the job well and the client was pleased.