Can't swipe right

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
All of I sudden I can't swipe right on the home screen to get to Google news - never happened before. Google Fi Pixel 3. This P3 is rapidly becoming my least favorite Pixel.

Tried reboot and complete shut down - no help.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
All of I sudden I can't swipe right on the home screen to get to Google news - never happened before. Google Fi Pixel 3. This P3 is rapidly becoming my least favorite Pixel.

Hmmm...? Is the toggle turn on under your settings? Not that you turn it off, but something just may have tripped it. Long press from the home screen: Home Settings > Display Google app

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Try force stop the Google app

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Hmmm...? Is the toggle turn on under your settings? Not that you turn it off, but something just may have tripped it. Long press from the home screen: Home Settings > Display Google app

That was it - never knew that setting existed. Thanks.

I seem to have more silly issues with the 3 than I did with the 1 or 2. If it weren't for the The Stand charging I'd go back to the 2 in a heartbeat.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site

I seem to have more silly issues with the 3 than I did with the 1 or 2. If it weren't for the The Stand charging I'd go back to the 2 in a heartbeat.

I hear ya. It's small trips like that can be the most irritating. Mainly because some "mystery" something triggered that.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Like your situation, Im finding the 3 has so many deeper menus than in previous Pixels. Glad to hear your phone isnt busted, but still frustrating when things that used to work stop working randomly.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I hear ya. It's small trips like that can be the most irritating. Mainly because some "mystery" something triggered that.

I've noticed that quite often an update will change settings that I'm not even aware exist, like Billchat. There's way more than enough settings already, and they're always adding more, at least Google could make sure their updates don't change settings every month that we have to invest time here and on the phones trying to correct.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I've noticed that quite often an update will change settings that I'm not even aware exist, like Billchat. There's way more than enough settings already, and they're always adding more, at least Google could make sure their updates don't change settings every month that we have to invest time here and on the phones trying to correct.

Way more settings than in the past, for sure! Phone has settings menu, Home has settings menu, Feed/Discover has settings menu, Assistant has settings menu. The list is getting a bit longer than I'd prefer. Because to your point, the longer that list gets, the more opportunity to have to troubleshoot some setting somewhere.

For me, this is why adding even MORE settings like a Samsung or even a 1+ isn't enticing. All those settings is just more opportunity for more unwanted issues. Pixel has enough menus for me. I don't want any more.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Way more settings than in the past, for sure! Phone has settings menu, Home has settings menu, Feed/Discover has settings menu, Assistant has settings menu. The list is getting a bit longer than I'd prefer. Because to your point, the longer that list gets, the more opportunity to have to troubleshoot some setting somewhere.

For me, this is why adding even MORE settings like a Samsung or even a 1+ isn't enticing. All those settings is just more opportunity for more unwanted issues. Pixel has enough menus for me. I don't want any more.

The older I get, the more I like KEEP IT SIMPLE

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've never even heard of a setting like that! What menu is that under? Is that a Pixel 3 specific setting?

No both pixel 2 and 3 have this
Long press home screen then tap home settings and have the option to display Google apps to left or not which is Google feed.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Cool - I have my own setting. Way better than being a Trusted Member or an Ambassador or a Community Review Team member - way better - :cool:

You deserve your own setting, you keep me laughing every time I come here..... I wish I could activate that setting all the time lol ;-)

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
But not a Mod Team Lead. :cool:

With all due respect (which ain't much), being a MTL is about on par with being the 2nd violinist in the Titanic Dance Band.
OOPS, have to get back on topic - Yes - I just took a right swipe at your position - now quit fiddling around and get back to doing what a MTL does (which ain't much) - :)