Pixel 3 on the left, and Pixel 1 on the right

photos.app.goo.gl/ [space] CtK7muJqZYqtEfi19

Pixel 3 is bright for a split sec and then becomes too dim, is there anything I can do to fix that?
    02-19-2019 03:18 AM

Pixel 3 is bright for a split sec and then becomes too dim, is there anything I can do to fix that?
    Welcome to Android Central.

Your link doesn't work
    02-19-2019 06:57 AM
    One thing to check:

Settings>Display>Screensaver>Settings>Night mode on/off

Just a thought.
    02-19-2019 08:13 AM
    Can't you adjust the brightness level of the 'dim' Ambient display screen? Assuming that both of your devices are running Pie the brightness slider should be set in exactly the same spot to get the same results.
    02-19-2019 10:36 AM
    Can't you adjust the brightness level of the 'dim' Ambient display screen? Assuming that both of your devices are running Pie the brightness slider should be set in exactly the same spot to get the same results.
    The ambient display doesn't change with the slider as far as I can tell.
    02-19-2019 11:59 AM
    One thing to check:

Settings>Display>Screensaver>Settings>Night mode on/off

Just a thought.
    Thanks. It's off, if on it's even worse
    02-19-2019 03:31 PM
    There is no such option for Ambient display. If I put both phones on a brightest or dimmest, pixel 1 is brighter anyway.
    02-19-2019 03:36 PM

So your talking about the AOD display is not bright enough?
    Or screen brightness When you open your phone?
    02-19-2019 03:57 PM
    So your talking about the AOD display is not bright enough?
    Or screen brightness When you open your phone?
    I was talking about Ambient display when you double click on it to check time, date and notifications.

Somehow it is good right now (both AOD display and when just checking it), I didn't do anything.

UPD: I turned AOD on/off, turned on Adaptive brightness and now it's not working properly again
    02-19-2019 04:25 PM
    I was talking about Ambient display when you double click on it to check time, date and notifications.

Somehow it is good right now (both AOD display and when just checking it), I didn't do anything.
    Ok good , also make sure nothing blocking the ambient sensor on top or some screen protectors cause issues.
    02-19-2019 04:31 PM

UPD: I turned AOD on/off, turned on Adaptive brightness and now it's not working properly again
    It could also be a system setting. They may make the ambient display a little dim to assist in battery conservation. I know that the ancient display on my Pixel 2 is a little dim, but I like it that way!
    02-19-2019 04:51 PM