New Gmail App Update

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I wish there was a dark version too.

Yeah, what's up with Google and such limited/nonexistent choices for adjusting the user interface?

I checked my mail at 3:00 am today and was greeted first by the "welcome to your new gmail" screen and then by the stupid white background that lit up the entire bedroom - and that is with the screen brightness turned down to 19%!

Why does Google always let us down on the simplest stuff? Stuff that any high school aged programmer should be able to tackle with just a few hours of coding?

Why?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out how to get back to the view options. I wish I had a brain early this early in the morning.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, what's up with Google and such limited/nonexistent choices for adjusting the user interface?

I checked my mail at 3:00 am today and was greeted first by the "welcome to your new gmail" screen and then by the stupid white background that lit up the entire bedroom - and that is with the screen brightness turned down to 19%!

Why does Google always let us down on the simplest stuff? Stuff that any high school aged programmer should be able to tackle with just a few hours of coding?

Why?

Turn your brightness down😋

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I wish there was a dark version too.
My personal opinion is that I like the simplicity of the design of the new UI, but I too hate all of the White!

I do hope that Google adds a Dark theme!

Right now I am using the Dark Theme on everything that I can (Tapatalk, Google Contacts, etc.)

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I really like how easy is to change accounts now, quite useful for me. Tried the different densities and I think I'm going to stick with the default view.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I really like how easy is to change accounts now, quite useful for me. Tried the different densities and I think I'm going to stick with the default view.

Haven't tried the different density yet but I have few accounts and lot easier to go between them.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
So washed out , I shall be looking forward to a dark mode option. or better yet, an option to shade just the email app. just to be able to tone down that stark white A bit would be nice

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I love the new update. I am an oddball because I prefer the white over dark and probably won’t use it when it is made available anyways.

jabaa

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
I too like how easy it is to change between accounts now, and also like the "All Inboxes" to view emails from both my main email accounts at once. Aesthetically for me it's fine-- you guys care a lot about that kinda sh!t!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I too like how easy it is to change between accounts now, and also like the "All Inboxes" to view emails from both my main email accounts at once. Aesthetically for me it's fine-- you guys care a lot about that kinda sh!t!

I'm OK with the changes...... don't find it easier to change accounts..... Feels the same to me

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I guess it depends on your usage. I have to sit in the dark all night and watch persons closely. When they sleep, I can play with my phone. I can't have these glaring white screens cos they might disturb the sleeping individual and it doesn't do my night sight a lot of good either. If I turn it down, then I get eyestrain from peering at dim screen. For example, the night mode for this site is exactly right...
Horses for courses, it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things :)

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I like the update and the ability to change accounts being easier is nice, but my primary usage for Inbox vs Gmail was inbox for personal and Gmail for work (g-Suite) and using one app means the same notification icon for work and personal. This is the exact opposite approach for Digital Wellbeing improvements when I can't ignore personal at work or work at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty