Screen protector or no screen protector on your Pixel 3 XL?

redhead385

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I had ZAGG screen protector on my white Pixel 3 XL and I hate it, so I took it off recently and feel much better! I'm curious what your thoughts if you have them on and want to take it off?

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I currently use a glass screen protector, but I must say, it makes the knotch a lot more noticeable. jajaja.. even with the screen powered off...

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I put one on. Normally I don't. But I ordered a dbrand skin for mine that's coming. And since I won't be using a case soon I wanted a little more coverage.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm rocking the white stone glass's screen protector on my pixel 3 xl and loving it. It's a bit expensive at $49, but it doesn't leave the curved edges around the phone up with bubbles bc of the curved glass. Also it has lifetime warranty.

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Had a skinomi matte film wet application protector and while it went on great and provided excellent protection, the matte finish gave severe rainbowing on bright light screens. I ordered an Armorsuit non-matte wet application film screen protector and it's a keeper. Let's the beautiful OLED screen show right through. So easy to apply and once dried in the morning - excellent.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I put the Whitestone on mine back in December. Install was very intimidating and steps not clearly defined (though they may now package better instructions), but went fine.

8 months later, and it still feels great to use with perfect clarity. The oleophobic coating mostly wore off after a couple of months, but that is to be expected. There are a few chips in the edge from normal wear and tear, but none developed into cracks.

The only real flaw I've found is that after a few weeks some "spider webbing" began to form at the bottom, on either side and across the top of the speaker cutout - these are not any scratches on the surface of the glass - but they have not traveled upwards to where they impact the visible party if the display.

Only caveat of the lifetime warranty is (from what I've read) that there is a somewhat hefty handling charge for a replacement, about $16, that you have to also pay to mail them back the glass being replaced, and that glass has to be received before they ship the replacement. $20+ and being without coverage for a week or 2 definitely hurts the value of that warranty.

Still, all in all, best SP I've ever used.

Edit - the web-like lines are actually encroaching a little bit onto the visible bit, so I just put in a warranty request. The collected amount was $9.99, so it looks like that has dropped from the higher amount indicated in other reviews I had read. I'll update here as to the responsiveness and ease of getting the warranty replacement.

*Update*
I had never initially registered my protector (purchased it through Amazon), so had to do it through the site. It was simple enough, taking less than 5 minutes, but then had to go through an approval process for the registration, which took about a day. Once that was approved, I was able to submit the claim, but that again had to be manually approved, taking another 3 days. From that point, the replacement kit (which included everything except the UV light) only took 3 days to get to me.

In short, it's probably worth going ahead and registering the product when you first buy it. From that point, it looks like getting a replacement in the event you have an issue shouldn't be more than a week (and it's worth noting that included time of shipping from west coast to east coast).

All in all, very pleased with service.

Last edited:

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Whitestone Dome is definitely the way to go. Now it's on sale on Amazon for $15 to get the whole kit. They made a specific install video just for the Pixel 3 which is more useful than included instructions. Watch the video at least twice. Every step is important.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12