Why is my Pixel 3 XL is not alerting me when I get a incoming calls

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Pixel 3 XL is ringing and vibrating when I'm receiving incoming calls but not showing any notification on the screen to allow me to try and answer the call and then I get a message saying you have missed a call.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My Pixel 3 XL is ringing and vibrating when I'm receiving incoming calls but not showing any notification on the screen to allow me to try and answer the call and then I get a message saying you have missed a call.

Have you try restarting the phone see if you get the notification to answer the call? You can also try clearing data and cache by long press the dialer then app info and doing it , before you exit force stop it also.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If a phone restart doesn't solve the problem try rebooting into Safe mode and see what happens - it's possible that you have some 3rd party application messing with the screen settings.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
If a phone restart doesn't solve the problem try rebooting into Safe mode and see what happens - it's possible that you have some 3rd party application messing with the screen settings.

Yep that's usually the culprit. But if those suggestions don't work it might be time for the big fdr :O

Prince Cory

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Happened to my wife's phone. We factory reset it because we couldn't be bothered to deal with it anymore. No issues since

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I've seen this happen on a couple of different models/brands. It typically happens when the Phone or Contacts app is updated, but for some reason the service triggers aren't reset. So when a call comes in, the service listener is looking for the older version of the app because it doesn't know a new app was installed.

A reboot to reload the appropriate service triggers typically fixes it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci