What I am doing is simple and works ....sort of.
    I want to get my "Good Morning" briefing from Google at 8:05am. I have created an alarm to run at 8:05am. The alarm plays an MP3 with the following instructions.
    "Hello Google........Good Morning Google"

Google, as it should goes into the morning briefing as planned. The only problem is the the alarm MP3 continues to play.

1) is there a way to prevent it from continuing the alarm. "Dismiss" does not work. "Cancel" alarm, removes the alarm completely. "Delete" does the same as cancel.
    or
    2) Only have the MP3 play through once.
    or
    3) In the Routine, the only option currently is to run the Google Good Morning routine AFTER the alarm is dismissed.

Any help is great.

Vern
    03-05-2019 11:34 AM
    3) In the Routine, the only option currently is to run the Google Good Morning routine AFTER the alarm is dismissed.
    Yep, that's how the routines work. I guess I'm not sure why you're having trouble dismissing the alarm once it goes off.
    03-06-2019 12:21 AM
    I am actually just using the alarm as a trigger to run the "Good Morning" routine and not really interested in the alarm. I just need something that will implement the "Good Morning" routine at a specific time. Having to turn off the alarm is an additional step that I don't need and complicates the process.
    03-06-2019 10:40 AM
    OK. Got this done with Automate app. Have it running in the background and triggers an MP3 file at 8:00 am,
    "Hello Google...Good Morning"

Runs every day at 8am. Perfect.
    03-06-2019 11:53 AM
    Sounds good. I have my alarm(Pandora) set to run for 5 minutes and then the assistant comes on and tells me about my day followed by the news.
    03-06-2019 01:14 PM