Burn in is still a thing.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Had my Pixel 3 since release day and have noticed in the last couple of weeks the navigation bar has started to burn in. I can see a faint line across the bottom in some situations.
This didn't happen on my 2XL up until not long before I got the 3.
I can't see why they don't put an auto hide nav bar option on all phones.
Samsung recently got rid of it also.

Anyone else been stung?

I really don't see why they couldn't just get rid of the nav bar if they wanted to use the gestures.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The navigation bar is mostly black so I'm trying to figure out how that can create a bar across the bottom. The 2XL and the 3 both use LG screens so I hope that isn't a trend.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Have you considered using a 3rd party launcher? I've never been a fan of Google's launcher.

If you use Nova Launcher, which I myself insist on for my use, then you can set the Dockbar settings to auto hide, and bring it back with a simple gesture. My dockbar automatically hides whenever an app is launched, and is set to toggle anytime I swipe up (though you can assign several different gestures to toggle it). Granted you need to upgrade Nova Launcher to the Prime version ($4.99) to get gestures support. But it's worth it because there are many other useful features that come with the Prime version.

There are other 3rd party launchers that are entirely free, but since I don't use them I can't speak to how they handle auto-hiding the dockbar.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Have you considered using a 3rd party launcher? I've never been a fan of Google's launcher.

If you use Nova Launcher, which I myself insist on for my use, then you can set the Dockbar settings to auto hide, and bring it back with a simple gesture. My dockbar automatically hides whenever an app is launched, and is set to toggle anytime I swipe up (though you can assign several different gestures to toggle it). Granted you need to upgrade Nova Launcher to the Prime version ($4.99) to get gestures support. But it's worth it because there are many other useful features that come with the Prime version.

There are other 3rd party launchers that are entirely free, but since I don't use them I can't speak to how they handle auto-hiding the dockbar.

I've thought about it. I just like using stock but I might have a browse.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I've thought about it. I just like using stock but I might have a browse.

I went years without trying a launcher, and it turned out to be the best decision ever. I use Nova Prime.

Without discussing all the benefits, the greatest feature to me is to shrink your App icons to a small size. Like a computer desktop. I have mine down to 10 App Icons horizontal. If I open my app drawer, I can see every single app on 1 screen. No need to scroll. I fit so much onto the home screen, it makes everything so much easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance