Andriod Q Beta Starting

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok so after installing and first boot appeared to go fine. Saw the the lock screen for like a second, then phone went black for about 30 seconds. Boot screen came up with an option to try boot up again or Factory reset.
I chose try again and the phone started up fine. Hopefully it was just a hiccup.

So far everything is working fine, all my apps load up and I am not experiencing any lag.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok so after installing and first boot appeared to go fine. Saw the the lock screen for like a second, then phone went black for about 30 seconds. Boot screen came up with an option to try boot up again or Factory reset.
I chose try again and the phone started up fine. Hopefully it was just a hiccup.

So far everything is working fine, all my apps load up and I am not experiencing any lag.

Hopefully just a hiccup, didn't happen to me.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

I got that too. I've found quite a few bugs so far and several apps that no longer work. Unfortunately, Waze is one of them.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site

Happened to me too. But other restarts have loaded correctly

Luke18

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
Well, so far so good! Every app I use daily is working correctly. Also I agree with everyone about how snappy everything feels. It's also very quick to unlock the phone in both fingerprint and face unlock.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well, so far so good! Every app I use daily is working correctly. Also I agree with everyone about how snappy everything feels. It's also very quick to unlock the phone in both fingerprint and face unlock.

Fingerprint was a big difference in response

Larzuk

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

Where is this face unlock that you speak of? This new with Q?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Other thing I noticed not crazy about , notification panel with notification can only swipe to right to delete individually or clear all

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Wow! I didn't notice at first. Fingerprint is much better!

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Not seeing an issue with photos yet. I like the dark mode in there tho.
What do you see when you open the menu? This is what I see in dark mode:

62279d8550e3040e0e9c3b2e8623c697.jpg

Luke18

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
Where is this face unlock that you speak of? This new with Q?
It's under settings, security, smart Lock, (enter your phones pin), trusted face. I think this as been an Android thing for awhile, but not sure. I came from the iPhone world before I got my 2xl. I know it was on Android 9 Pie though because I used it.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Hmm.....Waze is working here. That's why it's important to not install beta unless you have other devices.
Have you actually tried navigating with Waze? My app opens and I can set a destination. However, once you start moving it doesn't follow. It stays at the starting point.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Didn't look there, See it now, Same.

Also, noticed raise to wake is super sensitive on my Pixel2. Might not be a bug but def to sensitive for my taste, turning on in pocket etc. , so turned it off. Double tap to wake works so well it's a good substitute anyway.
Double tap and Lift to check phone gestures are not working for me in my 3XL.

And, I don't have the option to switch between Light and Dark themes. I previously used Dark theme and it has carried that over to beta but I don't find the option to change it now.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've come to the conclusion that Google has no intention of letting me download the beta. I'm in Mexico. They only sell leftovers here and aren't going to let me download the beta. Damn, I wish I had an option other than Google or Apple. I have a Pixel 3 only because I had it delivered to my sister and she brought it down when she visited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781