Andriod Q Beta Starting

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Loving Android Q beta so far. However has anyone else had experienced auto compatibility issues in their cars at all?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, so far, Android Q is very stable as a beta build. I'll have to continue further testing with Android Auto and my car.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've come to the conclusion that Google has no intention of letting me download the beta. I'm in Mexico. They only sell leftovers here and aren't going to let me download the beta. Damn, I wish I had an option other than Google or Apple. I have a Pixel 3 only because I had it delivered to my sister and she brought it down when she visited.

Still can't get in :(

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I had an hour and half commute today to test compatibility. Again, waze just didnt want to move from the spot it started in, had to use Google maps. Pandora crapped out halfway through the drive. Couldnt get any other music app working either(Spotify, Amazon etc.). Everything showed the song playing, and the line along the bottom was moving. Just got not sound at all. Could pause and play again, but no sound. Had to go to terrestrial audio for music. Then, about a mile away from my destination, I got a popup that no connected device was found. Unplugged and then replugged the phone and AA started up again, but still without music.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Still can't get in :(

No. And what's really irritating is they don't just say I'm not getting in. I thought the servers were swamped till I saw everyone else getting in with no problem. It has to be because of where I live and they just smirk and say, "Try again later." Couldn't they at least say, "...like in 2023"

I like my Google Android phone and I like my Google Chrome OS chromebook but I do not like the people who run Google, select videos about the best cases for Nexus 5 phones for today's YouTube, and skew Google search for their political handlers.

Since I'm older than most trees I probably won't live to see Google's competition.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
this is from Android pie but especially an Android Q I love how if you use two finger gesture from the notification shade it's a shortcut to pull down The entire quick settings menu and go into settings. Just like it wasn't pretty busy versions of Android. If you quickly double tap the notification sheet with one finger you pull down just a notification area.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Lmao!
Are you sticking with Q or factory resetting back to Pie?
The beta sounds promising and I think I may give it a try later.
I need to have AA fully functional along with google maps and it sounds like that is ok.
Most of the comments here are pretty positive and I always like "snappier"
I'll continue to peruse the comments here until I get home later today.
Thanks

Lol...yeah I'm staying on the beta

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Lol...yeah I'm staying on the beta
Yeah, so far, the beta is awesome!
Lmao!
Are you sticking with Q or factory resetting back to Pie?
The beta sounds promising and I think I may give it a try later.
I need to have AA fully functional along with google maps and it sounds like that is ok.
Most of the comments here are pretty positive and I always like "snappier"
I'll continue to peruse the comments here until I get home later today.
Thanks
Oh yeah, I need to have fully functioning Android auto as well, but a couple of other people that I know that have pixel threes with Android Q beta as well have no problems with handled auto. So I'm just going to keep on testing my 3 XL in my car later.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking. Liking it. My Chase app doesn't work but I can easily access from Chrome so no biggie. Everything else app wise works fine as far as I can tell so far.
I do wish we could change icons more and was hoping for that option. Mainly interested in shading the stark white background colors. I've tried almost every launcher in the store at one time or another and decided stock is what I prefer. Is there no way to use an icon pack with the stock launcher?

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Could someone verify that there is no longer a call blocking feature under settings in the Google phone app? Unless it's just my phone, it looks like the option is gone in Q Beta 1.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, for the at a glance widget, when it's actively showing you a calendar event, how are you supposed to get into your calendar application? I had to turn mine off in settings in the home screen.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, for the at a glance widget, when it's actively showing you a calendar event, how are you supposed to get into your calendar application? I had to turn mine off in settings in the home screen.

It's always been that way. I just tap my calendar icon.