Andriod Q Beta Starting

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Okay so here's an interesting observation about Android Q, I turned my always on display off Only when I get new notifications and to double tap on the screen. See if that saves any battery power for me and increasing my screen on time. However, when I double tap on the screen, it doesn't just light up the always on display, it lights up the entire lock screen. Just thought I'd share that with everyone.
Yeah. Same thing for me. Brings me to woken up Lockscreen in a double tap.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
On a happier note, when I was driving to work this morning, my Android Auto for play music and maps and sending and receiving text messages fully works again!

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I noticed since turning the spam filter on in the call settings, I haven't received one robo call and I was getting several a day so this is good. I'm still getting calls from contacts, but what I don't know is whether or not Google's spam filter will also let legetimate calls through that are not in contacts. I never tried this filter before the Q Beta.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I noticed since turning the spam filter on in the call settings, I haven't received one robo call and I was getting several a day so this is good. I'm still getting calls from contacts, but what I don't know is whether or not Google's spam filter will also let legetimate calls through that are not in contacts. I never tried this filter before the Q Beta.

Funny you mentioned that...as of late I've gotten less calls even before loading Q

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Funny you mentioned that...as of late I've gotten less calls even before loading Q
Maybe all the publicity in the news recently had something to do with it. Anyway, I did confirm that the spam filter will still let calls come through that are not in contacts. But the good news, at least for now is that the spoofed - number calls have stopped. I didn't try the filter under Pie so I don't know if it's due to a change in Q or some other factor.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I really hope they bring this to the UK. Call screening is one feature I am desperate for.

I tried looking in XDA nothing
But canda rolling it out soon so hopefully other countries.
Only thing I suggest maybe it would work is go in play store and become a beta tester for the dialer app see if u get that feature.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey, not to worry, we're all Android Pixel geeks here!

I wish. I'm older than most trees and didn't get a phone for years because I'm mostly deaf. Now I have a Pixel, use it, but I don't receive phone calls. I'm not a geek but I sure have fun.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I wish. I'm older than most trees and didn't get a phone for years because I'm mostly deaf. Now I have a Pixel, use it, but I don't receive phone calls. I'm not a geek but I sure have fun.
Oh not to worry! everyone can be a geek in their own rights at some level. Or just have fun trying. Good for you though.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I do notice my Bluetooth headset connection has improved with Q. Before I would always have to do a manual connection. Now it connects every time.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I do notice my Bluetooth headset connection has improved with Q. Before I would always have to do a manual connection. Now it connects every time.
I noticed that what I had my old Galaxy s8 on Oreo 8.0, I have Bose wireless earbuds and I needed a third party Bose connect app from the play store to see my Bluetooth battery levels on my older s8. on my Pixel with Android Q, the battery levels are Bluetooth and built into the OS. Didn't notice that with Oreo on my s8... Interesting...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11