Andriod Q Beta Starting

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I do hope that everyone who finds a bug (or "feature" they really don't like) is putting it into the bug list at Issue Tracker. It happened with Pie - there were things everyone complained about, but they made it into the final release because no one officially reported them.
@ptkelly, I don't know about the trees, but I remember the day FDR died. (And they do have BTE aids with Bluetooth these days - twice the price of a Pixel, but they do have them.)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I do hope that everyone who finds a bug (or "feature" they really don't like) is putting it into the bug list at Issue Tracker. It happened with Pie - there were things everyone complained about, but they made it into the final release because no one officially reported them.
@ptkelly, I don't know about the trees, but I remember the day FDR died. (And they do have BTE aids with Bluetooth these days - twice the price of a Pixel, but they do have them.)

Definitely that's only way to make final build close to bug free

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah definitely send them in
Oh hell yeah, absolutely dude! Other than that whole audio cutting out issue I had in Android Auto and that issue I had this morning from forcing dark mode on Android Q which hopefully doesn't repeat itself again everything else is pretty smooth.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh hell yeah, absolutely dude! Other than that whole audio cutting out issue I had in Android Auto and that issue I had this morning from forcing dark mode on Android Q which hopefully doesn't repeat itself again everything else is pretty smooth.

Yeah mines been smooth so far

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I do hope that everyone who finds a bug (or "feature" they really don't like) into the bug list
As a reminder, it's not just for things that are broken or that you don't like - if there's something that you WANT included (ex. separate Ring and Notification volume levels) you can put in a Feature Request.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
As a reminder, it's not just for things that are broken or that you don't like - if there's something that you WANT included (ex. separate Ring and Notification volume levels) you can put in a Feature Request.
Yeah I have been reading, and researching the bug reports a lot lately!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So...... My Pixel 3 XL just rebooted and I got to bootloader and dark mode vanished. There's definitely a bug with manually activating the dark mode through ADB debugging. But with that being said, I'm not going to manually re-enable it until the next stage of the Android Q beta platform when it's fully ready.

IcyH

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
Have you actually tried navigating with Waze? My app opens and I can set a destination. However, once you start moving it doesn't follow. It stays at the starting point.

Waze has also crapped out on me since updating to Q. The location is never updated. I am using it with AA on my JVC KW-M730BT. Google maps works fine.

Pixel 2 XL
KW-M730BT
Waze 4.49.1.0

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Waze has also crapped out on me since updating to Q. The location is never updated. I am using it with AA
Did you give Waze the 'Allow all the time' Location permission? I believe another poster confirmed that you have to grant that additional level of permission for apps running in the background (since AA is the foreground application).

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Did you give Waze the 'Allow all the time' Location permission? I believe another poster confirmed that you have to grant that additional level of permission for apps running in the background (since AA is the foreground application).
Yes that was me. I set Waze to allow location services all the time when I run it with AA and when I get to my destination I turn it back off. Works perfectly now.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
What kind of bugs did you run into with dark mode?

Some apps that I use don’t work nice with the new system wide dark mode and even some of the settings pages don’t behave well - at least for now. I can’t stand the fact that Photos app has so many display issues with the dark mode, so switched to light mode!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Some apps that I use don’t work nice with the new system wide dark mode and even some of the settings pages don’t behave well - at least for now. I can’t stand the fact that Photos app has so many display issues with the dark mode, so switched to light mode!

Hopefully we see that addressed in next beta release.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully we see that addressed in next beta release.
Yes exactly! Now that dark mode isn't on my phone with Android Q beta, applications do run even smoother without it. Hopefully in the next release Google figures out the coding issue with dark mode.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes exactly! Now that dark mode isn't on my phone with Android Q beta, applications do run even smoother without it. Hopefully in the next release Google figures out the coding issue with dark mode.

They pretty good at addressing bugs for next release.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes you're absolutely correct I love dark mode just when it runs correctly and smoothly.

I do also , one thing I didn't like was the notification panel different blue icon from pie don't Kno if it's a bug or what color they wanted to go with .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21