Andriod Q Beta Starting

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that’s what I am expecting too! There should be a reason why Google removed the option to select a mode in this first Q beta release.
Yes, yes! You're absolutely I was just thinking that to myself yesterday morning there's a reason why Google removed that from the first Q release. I mean sure you could manually forcingly reenable it, but my phone crashed twice.
I do also , one thing I didn't like was the notification panel different blue icon from pie don't Kno if it's a bug or what color they wanted to go with .
Yeah Google has got to get all the color schemes down, but so far they're doing pretty damn good job.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, yes! You're absolutely I was just thinking that to myself yesterday morning there's a reason why Google removed that from the first Q release. I mean sure you could manually forcingly reenable it, but my phone crashed twice. Yeah Google has got to get all the color schemes down, but so far they're doing pretty damn good job.

They are...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes that was me. I set Waze to allow location services all the time when I run it with AA and when I get to my destination I turn it back off. Works perfectly now.
Ha, funny thing is, I enabled that setting and tried Waze today through AA and it didn't do squat: never showed me moving, didn't provide turn-by-turn, nothing. So I ended up having to pull over and set Google Maps as the navigation engine.
Which brings up the question - how the heck do you change the default navigation engine in AA? I looked through the Settings within the app and couldn't find it so I ended up doing Clear cache/Clear Storage just to get it to prompt me again. Quite annoying if there's no easier way to switch between navigation engines.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I wish dark mode was dark gray like it is in the news feed, phone app, messages etc, instead of the jet black they gave us for settings and everything else. I know I'm being nit pickey. But that jet black color is almost as annoying as the stark white. Hoping for a future beta to tone it down a bit and make it a system wide(dark gray)color match, that'd be nice.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I honestly think the dark mode looks fantastic. It just has to be stable so I don't have to worry about a phone crashing when I need to look at email or text message or something haha

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Which brings up the question - how the heck do you change the default navigation engine in AA? I looked through the Settings within the app and couldn't find it so I ended up doing Clear cache/Clear Storage just to get it to prompt me again. Quite annoying if there's no easier way to switch between navigation engines.

Its not that difficult actually. I happened upon it accidentally. When you are in whatever screen in AA and you have the 5 buttons at the bottom(Left one being maps), scroll to that left button. Click on it and it brings up whatever map you selected originally. However, if you scroll back down to that button and click again, it brings up your map options(Waze or Google). When I was having the issue with Waze, I was flipping back and forth between them every couple minutes.

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I honestly think the dark mode looks fantastic.
I agree. I'm a big fan of AMOLED black themes, and what Google's shooting for with the Q beta looks so much like Swift Black to me that I couldn't be happier. Truly, I don't much care what they do elsewhere as long as they don't mess up the look of the notifications and the Settings pages.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I'm a big fan of AMOLED black themes, and what Google's shooting for with the Q beta looks so much like Swift Black to me that I couldn't be happier. Truly, I don't much care what they do elsewhere as long as they don't mess up the look of the notifications and the Settings pages.
Yes I wholeheartedly agree. As you can tell I love tweaking software and system applications. But nonetheless, on an AMOLED screen which is full HD 4K resolution on The Pixel 3s, dark mode does look nice. So I'll just have to be patient way for Google to stabilize dark mode on Android cute. Until then I use a dark wallpaper for my wallpapers home screen and lock screen. This looks nicer in my opinion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463