Android Q public beta has launched

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Android Q has Started

Tapped on the Q hoping to get a hint of what dessert it stood for, but alas, I got the same old "P" mesmerizing display.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Ohhhhh I like the remaining time indicator for the battery when you pull down notification. Also, on lock screen batter percentage is at top right now instead of center bottom.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have replacement pixel 3XL coming tomorrow, so I might get us a shot tonight on my current Pixel 3XL. Does it reformat your device when you install it, or only if you uninstall before the beta is over?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have replacement pixel 3XL coming tomorrow, so I might get us a shot tonight on my current Pixel 3XL. Does it reformat your device when you install it, or only if you uninstall before the beta is over?

Only wipes device if you de-enroll from Beta. Whatever you do don't send back your old unit with Q on it.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok I just signed up, this is my first time. Anything I should he aware of? I keep my phone backed up to the cloud on the fly so not worried about that.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
When I installed it and it restarted it failed to load Android. But I clicked try again and it booted in ok. Has restarted since without incident. Seems quite stable otherwise. Assistant didn't work at first but so installed the assistant app from play store and it started to work again.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
When I installed it and it restarted it failed to load Android. But I clicked try again and it booted in ok. Has restarted since without incident. Seems quite stable otherwise. Assistant didn't work at first but so installed the assistant app from play store and it started to work again.
Mine booted up the same way. Seems all good now.