I have a 2018 Honda Accord and all I did with my 2xl and now my 3xl is plug in the usb cable to my phone and AA starts automatically. I did it this morning for the first time with Q and everything started up normally. As I said before, I started with nav to my office and it was flawless. I asked google for the weather, flawless. I tried to send a text and it didn't work. I didn't try any music as I have Sirius and rarely use anything else. On occasion I do try google play music and I'll attempt to hook that up in a couple of hours when I leave my office. I also didn't try a phone call as it was 6am and nobody I know was up yet. Lol!
    Anyway, so far I've had no crashes with AA and the only thing that didn't work was texting.
    Is that enough to get me to go back to Pie? It probably is as I use it every day, multiple times a day.
    I'll try again later and report back when I can.
    Thanks for the more detail!. I'm going to try a few different things on my pays out there excel with Android cube. Yes, I know Android Auto should definitely be working for me no questions asked. I've got to figure out how to get them working perfectly again for myself.
    03-15-2019 07:23 AM
    Well, I updated yesterday afternoon to Q beta and everything seemed to be really good. Very smooth, nice new features and generally snappier than Pie.
    Today I wake up and it's a little buggy. I love the live wallpapers and have been utilizing the "marble earth" mostly. Starting this morning, the wallpaper app crashes frequently on a live wallpaper but doesn't seem to do it on a static one. Android Auto is my dealbreaker of an app. I use it everyday for many things and I need it to work. Somebody said there's is crashing soon after launch. Mine didn't do that this morning. Mine started right up and I used google maps to get me to my office and that worked fine. I asked for the weather and also fine. I tried to send a text message and that did not work. I tried multiple times and after dictating the message every time it would hang for about 10 seconds and then stop as if I hadn't tried to send a message. The app didn't crash but it wouldn't send a message. I'm going to try again later, but I'm thinking I'll have to go back to pie which would be a shame.
    Anyone else?
    I'm running Pi and have been having the same issued with Live Wallpapers
    03-15-2019 08:31 AM
    I'm running Pi and have been having the same issued with Live Wallpapers
    That's interesting. I never had that issue on Pie
    03-15-2019 08:34 AM
    Me either, sorry should have included more. I've been using the Live Wallpapers for about a week (new Pixel 3 user) with no issue, but late last night about 10 PM eastern I started getting a notice that Live Wallpapers stopped working. If I stopped it it would restart, if I waited it still worked. Thinking it's related to the Live Wallpapers and not Q
    03-15-2019 08:52 AM
    Me either, sorry should have included more. I've been using the Live Wallpapers for about a week (new Pixel 3 user) with no issue, but late last night about 10 PM eastern I started getting a notice that Live Wallpapers stopped working. If I stopped it it would restart, if I waited it still worked. Thinking it's related to the Live Wallpapers and not Q
    Maybe you're right about that. I'll try again later. Thanks
    03-15-2019 08:58 AM
    Same here on pie live wallpaper marble keeps crashing since this morning.
    03-15-2019 10:28 AM
    My phone straight up froze for 30 minutes on my ride to work this morning. I had to hold volume down and power for a good couple of minutes to access the bootloader to turn my phone off.
    03-15-2019 10:29 AM
    Not good
    My phone straight up froze for 30 minutes on my ride to work this morning. I had to hold volume down and power for a good couple of minutes to access the bootloader to turn my phone off.
    03-15-2019 10:33 AM
    upgraded to q and cant get kaspersky mobile antivirus/applock & web security to work. constantly crashes. tried to uninstall and reinstall, same issue. gave up on it for now until the next q update, or until kaspersky updates the app
    03-15-2019 10:45 AM
    Beta always tough to have on a daily driver especially first one .
    J Dubbs likes this.
    03-15-2019 10:53 AM
    Yeah I'm opting out and going back to pie. I'm bummed as the experience is good but AA is a problem. I think I'll wait until beta 2 or maybe an AA update. Good luck people
    mustang7757 likes this.
    03-15-2019 11:05 AM
    When you take a photo in portrait mode you can't see the portrait and original photo It only shows portrait.
    03-15-2019 11:47 AM
    Yeah I'm opting out and going back to pie. I'm bummed as the experience is good but AA is a problem. I think I'll wait until beta 2 or maybe an AA update. Good luck people
    FWIW, there was an AA update my phone just found right now. Not sure if that might help you or not.
    bkrickles likes this.
    03-15-2019 12:08 PM
    Yeah, like I said, Android Auto will work for about 30 seconds and then start crashing and freezing.
    On that same trip to the nearby store, where I used Waze to navigate there, I used AA on the trip home (Google Maps default navigation app in AA rather than Waze) and AA worked fine.
    I didn't fiddle with any texting though since I never do that while driving since it isn't totally hands-free.
    03-15-2019 12:13 PM
    FWIW, there was an AA update my phone just found right now.
    Mine is still on 4.0.590434.release (dated February 15, 2019).
    03-15-2019 12:17 PM
    Mine is still on 4.0.590434.release (dated February 15, 2019).
    4.1.590934 apparently came out yesterday(3/14/19) but my phone didnt find the update till today.
    03-15-2019 01:03 PM
    Just used AA on a slightly longer trip (20 minutes), again with Google Maps as the navigation engine, and also threw in Google Play Music and everything worked fine. This is with the February version of AA that I listed previously.
    Of course this is on my Pixel 2 XL; are those having a problem with AA all on the Pixel 3?
    Edit: one thing worth noting was that after I disconnected the cable, exited the car and went on with other tasks there was a permanent notification (I couldn't get rid of it) from Google Play Services saying that Android Auto was connected. It obviously wasn't and even after I did a Force stop on the AA app that notification was still shown. So I filed a bug report, cleared all the Recents (AA wasn't one of them) and turned off the phone and when I turned it back on that notification was no longer there.
    03-15-2019 03:18 PM
    Had another black screen reboot during AA use on my way home from work today.
    03-15-2019 05:58 PM
    Had another black screen reboot during AA use on my way home from work today.
    Are you on a Pixel 3 series device? Perhaps this is a remnant of the memory management issue that seemed to plague some Pixel 3 series users.
    How long was the trip? I assume that once again you did not get any location following?
    03-15-2019 06:13 PM
    Are you on a Pixel 3 series device? Perhaps this is a remnant of the memory management issue that seemed to plague some Pixel 3 series users.
    How long was the trip? I assume that once again you did not get any location following?
    Yeah a 3 XL. Still don't have Waze working properly. Using Google maps for now.
    03-15-2019 06:14 PM
    Google Photos is a mess on my Pixel 3. Some menus seem to be white text on a white background which means they're blank. One menu has symbols but no labels so I don't have a clue. Other than that, the beta is fine but I don't use Google Pay, social media, and I have no games. I've searched my 1998 Nissan Frontier and can't find a USB port.

I'm surprised Android Central doesn't have an Android Q beta forum under Android OS. Since phones other than Pixel are included in the beta program I would expect a forum in Android OS.
    03-15-2019 07:25 PM
    How is everyone's battery on their pixel 3 xl with Android Q? I did a fresh wipe after upgrading I typically like having a fresh start to ensure no unwanted issues arise. For me the battery seems to drain a bit, definitely not as good as on Android Pie and pretty noticeable difference. Curious to hear from other users that have a pixel 3 xl. I've shared the feedback with Google via the feedback app.

So far besides the battery draining s bit quicker u haven't seen too many bugs. Only one I notice is in Instagram when I try to add multiple photos to a post in one shot the thumbnails that it pulls from the gallery is grey so you don't know what pictures your selecting.
    03-15-2019 08:29 PM
    I'm surprised Android Central doesn't have an Android Q beta forum under Android OS. Since phones other than Pixel are included in the beta program I would expect a forum in Android OS.
    I think it's Pixel only (or emulator) at this stage. AC will probably start the thread after I/O.
    03-15-2019 09:14 PM
    I have the same issues with photos with white text on a white background in dark mode.

My battery life is MUCH better on a P2XL than on Pie. When I moved to Pie during the beta my battery life took a hit and it has never truly recovered. But in Pie I am getting much more screen on time and fairly long life.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    03-16-2019 03:27 AM
    How is everyone's battery on their pixel 3 xl with Android Q? I did a fresh wipe after upgrading I typically like having a fresh start to ensure no unwanted issues arise. For me the battery seems to drain a bit, definitely not as good as on Android Pie and pretty noticeable difference. Curious to hear from other users that have a pixel 3 xl. I've shared the feedback with Google via the feedback app.

So far besides the battery draining s bit quicker u haven't seen too many bugs. Only one I notice is in Instagram when I try to add multiple photos to a post in one shot the thumbnails that it pulls from the gallery is grey so you don't know what pictures your selecting.
    Mine took a little hit also , but to be expected.
    03-16-2019 08:48 AM
164 12345 ...