Android Q Beta Bugs Discussion

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
damn dude, so sorry to hear that! Like I said, last Thursday after I hard wiped my pixel, Android Q has been pretty smooth for the most part. I'm in sure there are some small little flaws here in there but it is after all a beta.
It worked well, but then one day it froze like crazy . Then it was fine... And then yesterday it messed my shoot up. Haha I liked it, but yesterday showed me how buggy it truly was.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
My pixel 2xl has slowed waaaaay down. Camera super slow, app restarts itself mid pic. Alot of apps that have a pay feature, gas, bank, etc not working. Lost all dark modes. During calls hard to hear both sides.
Wow! That sounds awful. I have had a pretty smooth run with my P2XL on this beta. A few times the screen has gone blank and I have had to keep pressing the power button until the lock comes back up. This happened yesterday a couple of times. But I am running a few alpha features like notification bubbles and the upgraded navigation gestures. So I expected some weird behaviour. But nothing has been a deal breaker for me yet.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Yes I'll admit, that is a bit weird. here's another glitch, this morning during the week I have a do not disturb rule to turn my notifications back on at 6:10 a.m. when I wake up, my do not disturb rule was still active! I had to manually turn it off.

yeah I say give developer mode and screen animation settings a shot. It's not going to really screw anything up at all.
Yes. I had to turn off DND even though my schedule specified a 4:15am switch on.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Google Photos had some serious problems but there was an update yesterday. It solved a problem and caused another. This morning I saw yet another update and a quick check showed Google Photos working fine.

Thanks for the quick work, Google.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
There must have been an Instagram update because that app is working for me now.

The menus in Google Photo had white text on a white background. Some had black icons but the labels were white text on a white background.

I don't do Instagram but I take a lot of photos. The Google Camera worked fine.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
The menus in Google Photo had white text on a white background. Some had black icons but the labels were white text on a white background.

I don't do Instagram but I take a lot of photos. The Google Camera worked fine.

Yeah, I still have an issue with white backgrounds in photos.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Oddly enough, I just checked my photo app and the menus were now black with white lettering. I can finally delete things.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well though much persistence, patience, focus, and learning how to use ADB debugging, I successfully re-enabled dark mode in Android Q on my 3xl! Very happy now!

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
The first time when I installed it I rebooted my phone and it said Android is not installed so I had to restart my phone again

Yeah, you got the black screen that says "try again" or "factory reset" correct? Youll probably see it again a couple times through your use.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I used ADB to enable new navigation gestures and it worked but now it doesn't. Also the notification bubbles are a bit annoying. So I reckon I may reset them tomorrow when I can be bothered to go outside to our office.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I used ADB to enable new navigation gestures and it worked but now it doesn't. Also the notification bubbles are a bit annoying. So I reckon I may reset them tomorrow when I can be bothered to go outside to our office.
The new navigation gestures aren't stable then I'm guessing...

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Did you see the lock screen clock changes that can be made through ADB? Id love for someone to try them and let me know if they work well and are stable. Im not the best at using ADB and its been a while since I used it on my Nexus phones.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so if anyone recalls, I was having an issue with Waze working on AA. Today I played around with Waze and it was working when not connected. So while I had the app with a destination set, I plugged it into the car. AA started and Waze was working properly!

However, it then stopped following me and lost signal. I discovered that if I opened my phone and opened Waze while it was connected to AA, it was working fine. Every time my phone went into lock, it lost signal. I then set it for location "always on" instead of "when app is open" and it worked for the rest of my ride home even when it was still locked.

The problem is, now Waze is constantly pulling my location when I'm using it or not. I guess I have to change it every time I use the app for time being.