Android Q Beta Bugs Discussion

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been having intermittent AA issues. Got this one on the way home tonight (see picture). On a side note, I had a random reboot into the black screen today when my phone was just sitting on my desk. View attachment 300091
Yeah, like I said, Android Auto will work for about 30 seconds and then start crashing and freezing. one of the guys I know with a pixel 30 XL as well said that it's a Bluetooth conflict somehow with the syncing... And somehow I've got to fix the issue though....

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Those having issues who are considering going back to Pie, keep in mind your device gets wiped/reset if you un-enroll from the beta and install pie again.

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Those having issues who are considering going back to Pie, keep in mind your device gets wiped/reset if you un-enroll from the beta and install pie again.
Too many things not working with Android Q. I decided to unenroll today. It downloaded Pie OTA quite painlessly. It factory reset and installed Pie smoothly. But restore from cloud backup was not an option. I had to set up the phone from scratch. Fun exercise though.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Not got hot my P2XL. But the freeprints and free photobooks apps crash when trying to add photos from gallery. I sent a bug report. I am not uninstalling. This isn't my only phone so I can mess around on this one. The other one connects to my SmartWatch and my banking apps. Although my main banking app works absolutely fine on Q. Just the MBNA app wouldn't authorise my device. Installed it on my S7 Edge.

Just watching the Formula 1 instead of getting some more sleep. 3 hours is enough.

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Well, I updated yesterday afternoon to Q beta and everything seemed to be really good. Very smooth, nice new features and generally snappier than Pie.
Today I wake up and it's a little buggy. I love the live wallpapers and have been utilizing the "marble earth" mostly. Starting this morning, the wallpaper app crashes frequently on a live wallpaper but doesn't seem to do it on a static one. Android Auto is my dealbreaker of an app. I use it everyday for many things and I need it to work. Somebody said there's is crashing soon after launch. Mine didn't do that this morning. Mine started right up and I used google maps to get me to my office and that worked fine. I asked for the weather and also fine. I tried to send a text message and that did not work. I tried multiple times and after dictating the message every time it would hang for about 10 seconds and then stop as if I hadn't tried to send a message. The app didn't crash but it wouldn't send a message. I'm going to try again later, but I'm thinking I'll have to go back to pie which would be a shame.
Anyone else?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I updated yesterday afternoon to Q beta and everything seemed to be really good. Very smooth, nice new features and generally snappier than Pie.
Today I wake up and it's a little buggy. I love the live wallpapers and have been utilizing the "marble earth" mostly. Starting this morning, the wallpaper app crashes frequently on a live wallpaper but doesn't seem to do it on a static one. Android Auto is my dealbreaker of an app. I use it everyday for many things and I need it to work. Somebody said there's is crashing soon after launch. Mine didn't do that this morning. Mine started right up and I used google maps to get me to my office and that worked fine. I asked for the weather and also fine. I tried to send a text message and that did not work. I tried multiple times and after dictating the message every time it would hang for about 10 seconds and then stop as if I hadn't tried to send a message. The app didn't crash but it wouldn't send a message. I'm going to try again later, but I'm thinking I'll have to go back to pie which would be a shame.
Anyone else?
Okay, question for you then. On your pixel, you plug in your phone to your car via USB, launch Android Auto, and Google maps , and any other music Android auto compatible application does not crash any? Yes, Android Auto is very important to me. And I would really love to get it working in very very soon obviously! My Bluetooth works fine and someone that I know that has a pixel through XL and Android auto in his car, was he just in that the Bluetooth syncing and pairing might not be compatible or something. like Android autos Bluetooth might be overriding the regular Bluetooth setting if that makes sense.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I know this might be a noob question and this is my third round of beta over the years. But when an error occurs, is it automatically submitted to Google, or do we have to manually send it to them?

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Okay, question for you then. On your pixel, you plug in your phone to your car via USB, launch Android Auto, and Google maps , and any other music Android auto compatible application does not crash any? Yes, Android Auto is very important to me. And I would really love to get it working in very very soon obviously! My Bluetooth works fine and someone that I know that has a pixel through XL and Android auto in his car, was he just in that the Bluetooth syncing and pairing might not be compatible or something. like Android autos Bluetooth might be overriding the regular Bluetooth setting if that makes sense.

I have a 2018 Honda Accord and all I did with my 2xl and now my 3xl is plug in the usb cable to my phone and AA starts automatically. I did it this morning for the first time with Q and everything started up normally. As I said before, I started with nav to my office and it was flawless. I asked google for the weather, flawless. I tried to send a text and it didn't work. I didn't try any music as I have Sirius and rarely use anything else. On occasion I do try google play music and I'll attempt to hook that up in a couple of hours when I leave my office. I also didn't try a phone call as it was 6am and nobody I know was up yet. Lol!
Anyway, so far I've had no crashes with AA and the only thing that didn't work was texting.
Is that enough to get me to go back to Pie? It probably is as I use it every day, multiple times a day.
I'll try again later and report back when I can.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2018 Honda Accord and all I did with my 2xl and now my 3xl is plug in the usb cable to my phone and AA starts automatically. I did it this morning for the first time with Q and everything started up normally. As I said before, I started with nav to my office and it was flawless. I asked google for the weather, flawless. I tried to send a text and it didn't work. I didn't try any music as I have Sirius and rarely use anything else. On occasion I do try google play music and I'll attempt to hook that up in a couple of hours when I leave my office. I also didn't try a phone call as it was 6am and nobody I know was up yet. Lol!
Anyway, so far I've had no crashes with AA and the only thing that didn't work was texting.
Is that enough to get me to go back to Pie? It probably is as I use it every day, multiple times a day.
I'll try again later and report back when I can.
Thanks for the more detail!. I'm going to try a few different things on my pays out there excel with Android cube. Yes, I know Android Auto should definitely be working for me no questions asked. I've got to figure out how to get them working perfectly again for myself.

joebogey

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else?

I'm running Pi and have been having the same issued with Live Wallpapers

joebogey

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Me either, sorry should have included more. I've been using the Live Wallpapers for about a week (new Pixel 3 user) with no issue, but late last night about 10 PM eastern I started getting a notice that Live Wallpapers stopped working. If I stopped it it would restart, if I waited it still worked. Thinking it's related to the Live Wallpapers and not Q

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Me either, sorry should have included more. I've been using the Live Wallpapers for about a week (new Pixel 3 user) with no issue, but late last night about 10 PM eastern I started getting a notice that Live Wallpapers stopped working. If I stopped it it would restart, if I waited it still worked. Thinking it's related to the Live Wallpapers and not Q

Maybe you're right about that. I'll try again later. Thanks

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My phone straight up froze for 30 minutes on my ride to work this morning. I had to hold volume down and power for a good couple of minutes to access the bootloader to turn my phone off.

naash89

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
upgraded to q and cant get kaspersky mobile antivirus/applock & web security to work. constantly crashes. tried to uninstall and reinstall, same issue. gave up on it for now until the next q update, or until kaspersky updates the app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae