Android Q Beta Bugs Discussion

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so if anyone recalls, I was having an issue with Waze working on AA....However, it then stopped following me and lost signal. I discovered that if I opened my phone and opened Waze while it was connected to AA, it was working fine. Every time my phone went into lock, it lost signal. I then set it for location "always on" instead of "when app is open" and it worked for the rest of my ride home even when it was still locked.
Hmm, I was under the impression that your original problem was just with Waze by itself - I don't remember seeing that AA was part of the equation.
Anyway, I noticed a similar problem using the Verizon Message+ application with the Glympse feature active - if I happened to have AA running then the Glympse would lose track of where I was at and wouldn't send the location to the recipient. I'll have to take a look at those settings that you referenced and see if that makes a difference (not that I normally use AA; I'm less than impressed with it).

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
well, my pixel just started to act weird by flashing the screen weirdly for a few seconds or so. Then shut off by itself. Try to reboot it I got to the bootloader saying Android can't start need to hard reset I click the try again option, twice and it finally reboot normally back to my home screen!

no, I'm also not sure this is due to my manually re-enabling dark mode through ADB debugging yesterday afternoon. I'm going to manually re-enable dark mode via USB ADB debugging one more time to test it out.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
well, my pixel just started to act weird by flashing the screen weirdly for a few seconds or so. Then shut off by itself. Try to reboot it I got to the bootloader saying Android can't start need to hard reset I click the try again option, twice and it finally reboot normally back to my home screen!

no, I'm also not sure this is due to my manually re-enabling dark mode through ADB debugging yesterday afternoon. I'm going to manually re-enable dark mode via USB ADB debugging one more time to test it out.
What was your battery percentage at when this happened? This happened to me when my battery got down to 27%.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
What was your battery percentage at when this happened? This happened to me when my battery got down to 27%.
My battery was at 60% battery I don't charge it overnight when I'm sleeping because I always hook my phone up in the car to Android Auto so it's charging via USB and I listen to play music and I'm on Google maps. Now my phone is at 81%. I'm going to a test dark mode manually enabling one more time and if I get the issue in the next day or so I'll have to wait for the next beta stage from Google to come out.

alrighty so update, just hooked on my phone for ADB debugging from my laptop. Ran the command And I have manually re-enabled dark mode. If this weird screen flashing issue happens the end and then the bootloader comes back I will not manually rename dark Moon until the next stage of Android Q comes out. Hopefully nothing bad happens of course! Haha

Last edited:

jrcdpm

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Working for me as a daily driver on a Pixel 3. Had to use older Starbucks app to get that to work. Southwest app does not work and Evernote will not let me open up notes. Smith Barney app does not work either, but I have found work arounds for everything.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Working for me as a daily driver on a Pixel 3. Had to use older Starbucks app to get that to work. Southwest app does not work and Evernote will not let me open up notes. Smith Barney app does not work either, but I have found work arounds for everything.
Yup, another quick update. This morning thankfully nothing bad happened on my phone. All is well for dark mode!

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I agree. While at first it was about finding which apps dont work. Most of them can be used by going to their actual website on Chrome(or whatever you use). This includes going to the Starbucks website and logging in from there in the meantime. Also, now that I have waze working and Pandora isnt cutting out anymore, it seems quality as a daily.

Proudpixelowner

Mar 22, 2019
Visit site
Whenever I take screenshots, it shows the edges of the screen and the notch. Instagram works some days and doesn't work other days. Whenever I go into multitask view, it doesn't show me the app or the screen that was open on that app and I have to guess where on the screen to click or I have to go into my apps bar and find the app and click it. Evernote doesn't let me open notes and my Google Assistant doesn't recognize what I say anymore.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, apparently an Android Q, when you take a screenshot you get the notch for some reason. As far as abstracting most of mine are actually fine l. Like I said, a few hiccups here and there but not too too much thank God.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I take screenshots, it shows the edges of the screen and the notch. Instagram works some days and doesn't work other days. Whenever I go into multitask view, it doesn't show me the app or the screen that was open on that app and I have to guess where on the screen to click or I have to go into my apps bar and find the app and click it. Evernote doesn't let me open notes and my Google Assistant doesn't recognize what I say anymore.

I didnt even realize my screenshots included the notch until you brought it up. Not sure that bothers me though.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
so here's another thing I really really love about Android Q so far: when your multitasking and you hit the application icon for more options for split screen or freeform windows, the OS will actually tell you which applications are not compatible with those loans! Versus trying to force it, and then the application crashing.
0c8361f2bac426c1c14b295812ed51cb.jpg

swampbaby

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I did. The other bug I noticed was that the navigation bar used to switch between apps would stay on the screen no matter what app I launched. I had to turn the phone off and back on in order to get the bar to go away. That was what the bug report you see in the attached picture is about.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
got you got you will I'm glad you reported all the bugs to Google. Hopefully this will help them further develop Android Q.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
well, I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue or not but with my phone locked, unlocked, and through Android Auto I can send or receive text messages or listen to them. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about.
e0dd5bf5b02de0950b13e575159fe5bb.jpg

Diana Melamet

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi! Did not see it posted, my Pixel does not sync with smartwatches anymore. Tried a Fitbit Versa and a Samsung.
Firefox crashes, but I noticed a couple of you mentioned that.
Otherwise trying to make the best of it and keep using the phone daily.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi! Did not see it posted, my Pixel does not sync with smartwatches anymore. Tried a Fitbit Versa and a Samsung.
I don't have a smartwatch but I have two fitness gizmos (Fitbit Alta HR and Oura Ring) and those work, although I do occasionally have to turn Bluetooth off and back on, which I never had to do while running Pie.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I saw Waze was updated last night so this morning I had hoped my issue was rectified. I put location services for Waze set to "only when app is active" and plugged my phone in. Started AA and opened Waze and set my destination as usual. It locked into my location and gave me my distance and estimated time. Unfortunately, once I started driving, it lost GPS and I stayed a little blue dot at my house.

I pulled over and clicked out of AA on my phone. Went into location services and changed Waze to "Always". Immediately Waze on my screen jumped into action and I was now a little car on the screen again.

Apparently this might be a bigger issue than just Waze.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol