Really simple request, but I can't find the answer. I took a screenshot as a response to a post in a Facebook group. I want to paste it as a reply post in that group. To me the simplest way to do this would be to have it in the clipboard and select paste, yet Google Photos doesn't seem to allow a simple copy, only a "share," which enables you to share it to a NEW Facebook thread, but NOT to a specific post.

This is undoubtedly simple, but I can't figure it out, and have always been frustrated by moving Google photos easily and simply to other apps with a simple paste.
    03-16-2019 01:18 PM
    Really simple request, but I can't find the answer. I took a screenshot as a response to a post in a Facebook group. I want to paste it as a reply post in that group. To me the simplest way to do this would be to have it in the clipboard and select paste, yet Google Photos doesn't seem to allow a simple copy, only a "share," which enables you to share it to a NEW Facebook thread, but NOT to a specific post.

This is undoubtedly simple, but I can't figure it out, and have always been frustrated by moving Google photos easily and simply to other apps with a simple paste.
    A screenshot is an image. You'd have to upload or attach it to the reply, no?
    hancered likes this.
    03-16-2019 01:40 PM
    I'm not aware of a way to copy/paste images - that's typically reserved for text.
    With that said, your issue sounds like poor programming on the part of the Facebook application - it should give you the option to select an image from the Photos app for insertion into a post (regardless of whether it's an original post or a reply to one). As an example, the Tapatalk application allows that - no 'Share' fiddling required.
    03-16-2019 02:35 PM
    Interesting. I just tried it on the FB app:

Took a screenshot of the thread I was in.
    Hit "reply", and in the text line tapped the camera icon to the left of the text box.
    This brought up the Gallery app where the screenshot I just took was.
    Tapped on the screenshot and attached it to the post.

However, as the OP stated:

If the pic was uploaded to Google Photos from another device (and/or not saved locally on the phone in Gallery), I am not able to see or search for it to post in an exsiting thread on FB.

I have NOT allowed FB access to my camera.

I suppose you could move the image you want to the Gallery via a file manager, and post then?
    03-16-2019 07:01 PM
    If the pic was uploaded to Google Photos from another device (and/or not saved locally on the phone in Gallery), I am not able to see or search for it to post in an exsiting thread on FB.
    If the image isn't in the local storage (ex. you cleared the Photos off the device so everything is in the cloud) then you'll have to download it to the local storage first, then you can insert it into apps - that's just how it works.
    03-17-2019 06:52 PM
    If the image isn't in the local storage (ex. you cleared the Photos off the device so everything is in the cloud) then you'll have to download it to the local storage first, then you can insert it into apps - that's just how it works.
    I understand how it works; I was trying to make it clear to the OP.
    03-17-2019 09:46 PM