Wireless charging stand

LegoStudios

Mar 28, 2019
Visit site
I bought a Pixel Stand for my Pixel 3 and I absolutely love it. My dad also has a Pixel 3 and he just ordered his Pixel Stand because he loved mine so much and was jealous. It's great.

EJ Wu

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought the charger full price, but I don't like it. Charging speed is not very consistent. Actually, the fact that Google limited fast Qi charging compatibility to only 2 expensive chargers disgusts me. If they still do this with pixel 4 I will never buy a Google phone again.

John McClane2

Mar 28, 2019
Visit site
I got the Pixel Stand too, but for some reason always charged my Pixel 3 slowly. It started charging rapidly and randomly changed to slowly.

I returned it after a week...

linkkoh

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I got 2 of them, best buy had them for $40 and I used google express discount, ended up being $68 for both inclusive tax and free shipping

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Is that really critical anymore? I havent had a phone that didnt last through the day in many years. The only time I remember taking a battery out was for all the blackberry-battery-pulls. Clearly the iPhone made the non-replaceable battery the standard with their design and everyone else followed suit. TBH, I dont think Ive EVER heard of an iPhone user complaining that they didnt have a removable battery. This seems to only come from the Android community. Why?

I guess we are off topic now but isn't it possible for it to be critical for people without being critical for your use case scenario?
I don't know why this becomes an Android verses Apple user thing.

If Apple users aren't concerned why do we see people buying juice packs and extended battery cases or hugging walls?
Of course some complained and it's not about just getting through the day. Many of the early iPhone adopters also didn't think about battery degradation because they didn't experience it. Many of the complainers stayed away from Android in the beginning so you didn't hear it as much. Now that people don't have options of course you'll hear it more from this side of the fence.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I guess we are off topic now but isn't it possible for it to be critical for people without being critical for your use case scenario?
I don't know why this becomes an Android verses Apple user thing.

If Apple users aren't concerned why do we see people buying juice packs and extended battery cases or hugging walls?
Of course some complained and it's not about just getting through the day. Many of the early iPhone adopters also didn't think about battery degradation because they didn't experience it. Many of the complainers stayed away from Android in the beginning so you didn't hear it as much. Now that people don't have options of course you'll hear it more from this side of the fence.

I hope my post wasnt coming off as an attack on anyone, it wasnt meant to be. I was just pointing out that because of phones like the iPhone, people have gotten used to not having removable batteries. Yes, they do make extended juice pack cases for "power users" I guess, or people who cant get to a charger all the time.

I guess its the same argument about not having expandable memory. Since google gives you free storage space for all your photos, and everything is backed up in the cloud, how much space do you need anymore than what is offered internally?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I hope my post wasnt coming off as an attack on anyone, it wasnt meant to be. I was just pointing out that because of phones like the iPhone, people have gotten used to not having removable batteries. Yes, they do make extended juice pack cases for "power users" I guess, or people who cant get to a charger all the time.

I guess its the same argument about not having expandable memory. Since google gives you free storage space for all your photos, and everything is backed up in the cloud, how much space do you need anymore than what is offered internally?

Extended memory card have its pros

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I bought it almost for free when the price on the Google store had dropped to $50 during some sale and I was able to use a $50 promotional credit I had for pre ordering Pixel 3. However, I really hated using it and ended up returning it. It kept it on my bedside and wanted to use it for overnight charging and the morning alarm features and such other things that looked great when I decided to buy it. However, the phone would hardly ever show fast charging. Most of the time it was charging slowly. Even worse, I would wake up to an over heated phone with somewhere around 70% battery and showing me that the battery was actually draining. I tried updates for the Pixel stand software, looking for a solution in some forums where people said that it was the latest update that screwed it up and the older version was fine, I even tried that. I tried to ensure I was placing the phone the right way and what not. I completely lost it when I woke up to a really heated up phone with 20% battery and discharging one day and decided to return it within a week of buying it. I thought that even trying to see if this issue can be fixed was going to end up damaging my phone and reducing its life.

Ouch, seems like you got a defective model or something because ive been using it as a nightstand charger since launch with zero issues, no overheating and always fast charges.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood