04-01-2019 07:36 AM
80 123 ...
tools
    all righty, so out of curiosity, how many pixel 3 owners actually bought the pixel charging stand for quick wireless charging? See, for me I have my old Samsung quick charger but it's not pixel 3 compatible quick charging so either deal with slow wireless charging which I have been for the past 2 weeks or I use though wired charger that came in the box. Which I am using right now. And I can tell it's a quicker faster charge than the slow regular charge and my Samsung wireless charger. I'm not spending 80 bucks for wireless charger I'm trying to search on eBay for the lowest price, but haven't really been too successful unfortunately.
    03-24-2019 07:06 PM
    all righty, so out of curiosity, how many pixel 3 owners actually bought the pixel charging stand for quick wireless charging? See, for me I have my old Samsung quick charger but it's not pixel 3 compatible quick charging so either deal with slow wireless charging which I have been for the past 2 weeks or I use though wired charger that came in the box. Which I am using right now. And I can tell it's a quicker faster charge than the slow regular charge and my Samsung wireless charger. I'm not spending 80 bucks for wireless charger I'm trying to search on eBay for the lowest price, but haven't really been too successful unfortunately.
    I got mine free as part of a promotion, and an very glad to have it, but agree that $80 is a bit too much. $50 would have been a fair, reasonable, and I suspect sufficiently profitable price. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in sale from time to time, or to see them pop up relatively cheap secondhand on eBay.
    03-24-2019 07:18 PM
    I got mine free as part of a promotion, and an very glad to have it, but agree that $80 is a bit too much. $50 would have been a fair, reasonable, and I suspect sufficiently profitable price. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in sale from time to time, or to see them pop up relatively cheap secondhand on eBay.
    yeah to be honest with you, it would be great for me to see it on sale as a promo in the summer or holiday season. I plan on having my 3 XL for quite a long time as well. It's greatly a future proofed,so I'm not worried about having to re-purchase all my accessories over and over and over again if you know what I mean. well then, I guess I'll just have to be on the lookout for the pixel stand to be on some kind of huge deal/promotion the future...
    03-24-2019 07:22 PM
    I got mine as a promotional item. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.
    Boogr likes this.
    03-25-2019 01:59 AM
    I bought two of them.
    To me they're worth every penny.
    chrispmoto likes this.
    03-25-2019 03:23 AM
    Did you buy them for the full retail price?
    03-25-2019 07:03 AM
    Got mine when I ordered the phone, full retail price. In the grand scheme of things Ill have it for any future phones, so I will get my money out of it. Would I liked to have gotten it cheaper, of course, but I use it every night and the "good morning" assistant features every day.
    03-25-2019 08:05 AM
    I got mine as a promotional item. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.
    this, came with my phone as part of preorder otherwise i wouldnt have bought it...first wireless charger ive owned.
    03-25-2019 08:07 AM
    this, came with my phone as part of preorder otherwise i wouldnt have bought it...first wireless charger ive owned.
    Nice nice sounds like a good deal.
    Got mine when I ordered the phone, full retail price. In the grand scheme of things Ill have it for any future phones, so I will get my money out of it. Would I liked to have gotten it cheaper, of course, but I use it every night and the "good morning" assistant features every day.
    Yeah that's true about future proofing. I'm just waiting for the pixel stand to come down price or some promo deal and then I'll buy it in the future.
    03-25-2019 08:10 AM
    I bought my Pixel Stand used on craigslist for $50. I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger at $79 and I got tired of waiting for them to go on sale again. Not sure it's worth it at $50 either actually, but it does the job.
    03-25-2019 03:18 PM
    I just realized I still have my Nexus wireless charger I used on the N5. I doubt that has the same fast charging capabilities as the stand though. Ill have to try it when I get home.
    03-25-2019 03:21 PM
    This. 1/2 price it is worth it, but not $80...
    03-25-2019 05:54 PM
    I bought my Pixel Stand used on craigslist for $50. I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger at $79 and I got tired of waiting for them to go on sale again. Not sure it's worth it at $50 either actually, but it does the job.
    That's actually not a bad idea. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to have to give craigslist a shot.
    03-25-2019 05:55 PM
    Got one from the pre order promotional and also bought one at Best buy when they were going for $49.99. I absolutely love the thing! Gotta love that "Rapidly Charging".
    03-25-2019 11:20 PM
    Got one from the pre order promotional and also bought one at Best buy when they were going for $49.99. I absolutely love the thing! Gotta love that "Rapidly Charging".
    Yeah that's what I love about the regular wire charger from Google.
    03-25-2019 11:23 PM
    I just realized I still have my Nexus wireless charger I used on the N5. I doubt that has the same fast charging capabilities as the stand though. Ill have to try it when I get home.
    Only the Pixel stand will fast charge
    03-25-2019 11:45 PM
    I keep the Pixel stand at work... Tbh, it's got some nice features but I still enjoy wired charging more, I think.. Just being able to handle the phone and use it ... Much better for me ...
    03-26-2019 12:24 AM
    Yeah....I could live without wireless charging especially after seeing that Pixel back that cracked after being dropped in a Pixel case. They should have never gone to glass.
    J Dubbs and DMP89145 like this.
    03-26-2019 12:30 AM
    Don't get me wrong I think well exchanging has a lot of conveniences but it's not worth $80. hug a fact of steady the fold up so you can easily see the phone as an alarm clock and I know that pixel stand has a lot of special proprietary pixel features one not so like I said I'm just going to continue to check to see if there any sales or promo bills going on in the future about it. Right now, when I need a quick charge I'll use the wire charger.
    03-26-2019 12:41 AM
    Yeah....I could live without wireless charging especially after seeing that Pixel back that cracked after being dropped in a Pixel case. They should have never gone to glass.
    Everyone wanted wireless charging. I loved it on my Nexus5 and was sad when they got rid of it on later generations. However, you cant have a metal back if you want wireless charging.

Theres the rub. You can either have glass or plastic. How many people would shell out $1k for a phone with a plastic back and still consider it "premium". The nicest phone I ever held with a solid plastic frame was an HTC One(the original). That was solid feeling as hell. However, would I pay a grand for a phone like that? Nope. So, in order to have the wireless charging, we need the glass back.
    03-26-2019 08:13 AM
    Everyone wanted wireless charging. I loved it on my Nexus5 and was sad when they got rid of it on later generations. However, you cant have a metal back if you want wireless charging.

Theres the rub. You can either have glass or plastic. How many people would shell out $1k for a phone with a plastic back and still consider it "premium". The nicest phone I ever held with a solid plastic frame was an HTC One(the original). That was solid feeling as hell. However, would I pay a grand for a phone like that? Nope. So, in order to have the wireless charging, we need the glass back.
    I completely agree.. when the pixel 2 phones didn't have wireless charging customers were forgivable but they were still pissed off at Google. If the Pixel 3s did not have wireless charging, most people probably wouldn't buy them. Reality of the situation is is the fact that you just have to be super careful and safe with the phone.. Especially the fast wireless charging.
    03-26-2019 08:20 AM

Shelling out a thousand dollars doesnt change for me because a phone feels premium. Besides, there are other materials like ceramic.
    03-26-2019 08:54 AM
    Shelling out a thousand dollars doesnt change for me because a phone feels premium. Besides, there are other materials like ceramic.
    I couldnt imagine the cost jump if the phone incorporated ceramic. Id gladly think it was worth a grand if they finally used sapphire glass.
    03-26-2019 08:59 AM
    I use a $16.00 Seneo (cheap chinese) 4.5 star rated charging stand from Amazon that works great for me. It doesn't fast charge even though it says it does on the stand itself, but it charges fast enough while I'm at work and I can top off my Pixel before going home for the night.
    03-26-2019 09:39 AM
    Pixel 3 only fast charges wirelessly with the pixel stand , i bought 2 of them under 70.00 when they had the deals plus my 50.00 coupon from Google.
    You can wireless charge with Samsung fast charger but wont be be fast like the pixel stand.
    03-26-2019 10:23 AM
80 123 ...