I purchased the Google case (Gray) back in November. It felt great and was unique. I'm pretty good with phones, but dropped it about a week ago. Everything worked fine, so I didn't think anything of it. When I took off the case yesterday, I was shocked at the damage. Needless to say, up on receiving a new phone, I'm going to back to a Spigen or similar line for protection. The drop was only about 3 ft high and was dropped on concrete.

The Google case looks and feels great, but beware, it may not offer the protection some desire. I dropped by OG Pixel a couple of times in the 2 years I had it - zero damage. But I had a Spigen case. Lesson learned.

Google Case for Pixel 3XL No Bueno-img_20190324_125044.jpg
    03-25-2019 03:54 PM
    No matter what phone I have, it always goes into some sort of TPU type case. I go back and forth between Ringke and Spigen. Currently in a Ringke and its fallen off my motorcycle and into the engine bay of my car(not running)with no issues. Sorry yours didnt fair well, hopefully it gets fixed soon.
    WarBeagle likes this.
    03-25-2019 04:01 PM
    Sorry about your damage. It's a shame all of these phones are made of glass.
    WarBeagle and J Dubbs like this.
    03-25-2019 04:04 PM
    Sorry about your damage. It's a shame all of these phones are made of glass.
    Oddly enough, I rarely see an android phone with a broken front screen. About half the people I work with have broken iPhones.
    Mattap likes this.
    03-25-2019 04:06 PM
    Thanks all. Best Buy is replacing the phone (no deductible, just a 1:1 replacement). My local store is out, so at first they tried to offer a Sammy S9+. No way would I take a 1 year old phone. Now if they offered the S10, maybe. But I do like the Pixel a lot.
    HyperM3 likes this.
    03-25-2019 04:56 PM
    Which Google case did you have on it? Google makes a few different ones I believe.
    03-25-2019 05:56 PM
    I'm using an OtterBox and it's slim yet very sturdy.
    03-25-2019 06:24 PM
    Well, I'm really really sorry to see that! I agree with everyone else, most of the time Android devices have no cracked screens at all. and I've never broken a phone except my older Galaxy s8 and I dropped that on the corners on concrete as well! I vowed to myself never to drop my phone again. Hopefully you have much much better luck with the new phone Good luck! I do love the fact that the phone is made of aluminum and glass though It feels so good and solid in the hands.
    03-25-2019 06:48 PM
    The cloth one with the mint green button.
    03-25-2019 07:00 PM
    The cloth one with the mint green button.
    Man I'm sorry! :/
    My fabric case has protected mine so far! But I know that Karma is listening... Hopefully it doesn't read forum posts 😵
    03-25-2019 07:04 PM
    Don't drop it on a hard surface, friend. Anyway, I'm getting the tough armor case from Spigen. BB found a black Pixel 3XL for me and the mobile manager is going drive there personally tomorrow to pick it up. I was impressed by the customer service (the trip is about 45 mins one way).
    03-25-2019 07:56 PM
    I hear Peel cases are pretty good...
    03-26-2019 12:51 AM
    I hear Peel cases are pretty good...
    Not very protective
    03-26-2019 01:19 AM
    Not very protective
    I know, Lol. I was referencing the other thread on durability that fell with a Peel case on and survived with nothing more than a scuff. Really luck of the draw no matter what case one has, If it hits just right it's game over.
    03-26-2019 01:24 AM
    I know, Lol. I was referencing the other thread on durability that fell with a Peel case on and survived with nothing more than a scuff. Really luck of the draw no matter what case one has, If it hits just right it's game over.
    Yes and know....some cases offer quite a bit more protection if you can handle bulk. Myself, I'm not a fan.
    03-26-2019 01:37 AM
    Yes and know....some cases offer quite a bit more protection if you can handle bulk. Myself, I'm not a fan.
    When I had my older Nexus 6P in my Droid turbo phones years ago, I used to have the bulkier silicone TPU cases, but I always used to take a scissor to them and try to trim them to not make them feel so bulky. I can't stand them cases.
    03-26-2019 01:42 AM
    When I had my older Nexus 6P in my Droid turbo phones years ago, I used to have the bulkier silicone TPU cases, but I always used to take a scissor to them and try to trim them to not make them feel so bulky. I can't stand them cases.
    I hear you....for my work phone they give me an OtterBox. I can't stand that thing.
    03-26-2019 01:49 AM
    I hear you....for my work phone they give me an OtterBox. I can't stand that thing.
    Oh I know what you mean, I used to work in retail Verizon in a local store near my house. Customers of mine would buy the OtterBox like it was going to style. it's a two-layer case that feels like a five-layer case and sure it offers drop protection but damn!
    03-26-2019 01:57 AM
    Wow thanks for sharing, im using the Black Fabric case from Google and dropped my P3 many times with no issues, i was confident it was doing the job but maybe on the wrong impact it could be bad (your experience). Glad to hear theyre replacing the device, shocked that even though case isnt super thick it should protect enough...
    eric002 likes this.
    03-26-2019 08:43 AM
    This post made me take my P3 out of its Google fabric case to check it. All good here, although I've only had one real drop (comparable sounding to the OP's).
    eric002 likes this.
    03-26-2019 11:20 AM