while playing a you tube video there is lots of lag when typing on another app

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I haven't had any lag issues knock on wood..
The only lag issue was mostly after they fixed the ram issue with when apps used to close all the time. My guess is they were dedicating most of the ram for the camera so it performed well and it used too. Then again they fixed it with the March update and I don't get lag anymorenits pretty solid for the most part. The only issue I get sometimes hardly is when I snap the first shot there is a few sec delay sometimes but it hardly does this now. Pre March update it used to delay the first pic I took Everytime then any shot after that was fine. Also when recording a video there was frame lost for the first 2 secs or so again this issue seems to have been resolved. For me things are decent now as far as the camera performance and a few apps holding into memory without closing. The camera I bet requires tons of ram bc of all the processing and with topshot etc always snapping pictures a few seconds prior to you hitting the shutter button and a few secs after means it has to be using a lot of resources since it's constantly snapping photos.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The only lag issue was mostly after they fixed the ram issue with when apps used to close all the time. My guess is they were dedicating most of the ram for the camera so it performed well and it used too. Then again they fixed it with the March update and I don't get lag anymorenits pretty solid for the most part. The only issue I get sometimes hardly is when I snap the first shot there is a few sec delay sometimes but it hardly does this now. Pre March update it used to delay the first pic I took Everytime then any shot after that was fine. Also when recording a video there was frame lost for the first 2 secs or so again this issue seems to have been resolved. For me things are decent now as far as the camera performance and a few apps holding into memory without closing. The camera I bet requires tons of ram bc of all the processing and with topshot etc always snapping pictures a few seconds prior to you hitting the shutter button and a few secs after means it has to be using a lot of resources since it's constantly snapping photos.
Well I got you. Thanks for the in depth explanation!. I'm glad to hear that the march updates fixed a lot of the issues. I'll be honest, even with my own personal usage of the 3XL, the phone's a beast like I said the battery that display the smoothness responsiveness the ram management everything is amazing. Barely ever notice the notch... Absolutely love my 3 XL!! The speakers are nice and loud as hell.. love them.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Well I got you. Thanks for the in depth explanation!. I'm glad to hear that the march updates fixed a lot of the issues. I'll be honest, even with my own personal usage of the 3XL, the phone's a beast like I said the battery that display the smoothness responsiveness the ram management everything is amazing. Barely ever notice the notch... Absolutely love my 3 XL!! The speakers are nice and loud as hell.. love them.
Me too the notch isn't a big deal for me I went into this purchase already accepting the notch else I would of gotten the smaller pixel 3. I'm happy with the device and I'm looking forward to the pixel 4 xl.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Me too the notch isn't a big deal for me I went into this purchase already accepting the notch else I would of gotten the smaller pixel 3. I'm happy with the device and I'm looking forward to the pixel 4 xl.
Touche me too. I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever buying this phone from Verizon under the promo deal. Don't miss my older Galaxy s8 whatsoever hahaha! Could the phone come with more RAM; it's just a number at the end of the day. now, just to make mentioned of it as a side note, the pixel 3s will never be a huge gaming phone but for normal everyday applications and maybe one or two games, the phone is absolutely fine! Performance and is out of this world smooth and responsive again and the camera is the best!

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Touche me too. I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever buying this phone from Verizon under the promo deal. Don't miss my older Galaxy s8 whatsoever hahaha! Could the phone come with more RAM; it's just a number at the end of the day. now, just to make mentioned of it as a side note, the pixel 3s will never be a huge gaming phone but for normal everyday applications and maybe one or two games, the phone is absolutely fine! Performance and is out of this world smooth and responsive again and the camera is the best!
To add to that so far I haven't had an issue playing any game except fortnite which I don't play but wanted to test it out. Pubg plays great and that's a memory hog so for most games this phone is well capable.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
To add to that so far I haven't had an issue playing any game except fortnite which I don't play but wanted to test it out. Pubg plays great and that's a memory hog so for most games this phone is well capable.
Well thank you for saying that as well. Excellent to know that. I have one networking geeky nodes game on my phone and that's it. I've never been a huge gamer. I just have the apps that use every day and that's about it. The only thing I'm missing and it's not the phone's fault or Google's fault is RCS Rich communication services in Android messaging. The display is amazing much better my old Galaxy s8 was.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Also hope it has a wide angle rear lens so I could retire my moment case which is super thick and the wide angle heavy lens.
see, I'm not that huge at the photography so the machine learning and the quality of the camera lens on the pixel is perfect for my needs haha. as it is the camera makes me look like a king all the time!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It's an amazing camera.
Yes, I could not agree more with you! Any picture I take comes out looking like a painting! I'm not exaggering that... can't wait to take it to New York City with my father to the javits Center for the New York Auto show and a few weeks! also I'm going to visit my sister and her husband in Colorado on a mini vacation and a few weeks can't wait to test it out there as well.

Johnny6000

Dec 8, 2018
Visit site
This still happens for me ! Grr

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
see, I'm not that huge at the photography so the machine learning and the quality of the camera lens on the pixel is perfect for my needs haha. as it is the camera makes me look like a king all the time!
For me the last 5 years cameras have been a priority for me because I have a 5 and 3 year old so I'm always snapping pics of them.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
This still happens for me ! Grr
Quick note I had to do a factory reset on order for the March update to really fix my pixel 3 xl. After a true factory reset it started performing much better. Also now I'm on Android Q beta and when I upgraded I did another factory reset but prior to doing any of the factory resets I had the lag issued after the March update. Worth a shot when you have some free time to backup your data and do a true factory reset. Maybe you will get as lucky as me.