Had the unfortunate accident to drop my phone on a gravely pavement and now have multiple deep gouge scratches on the screen.

Was wondering:

1. Do you get a new phone or a refurb with online instant replacement?
    2. Have the option to go to the walk in center for screen replacement for half the deductible. Not sure if that would kill the waterproofing vs getting a complete replacement?

Sort of weight which way to go with replacement. IF I get a new phone, its a no brainer. IF I get a refurb, it might be better to go with screen repair option for $50 less, unless waterproofing takes a hit. Still might be better than a mystery refurb since my phone works well otherwise.

Thanks
    04-05-2019 11:05 AM
    Had the unfortunate accident to drop my phone on a gravely pavement and now have multiple deep gouge scratches on the screen.

Was wondering:

1. Do you get a new phone or a refurb with online instant replacement?
    2. Have the option to go to the walk in center for screen replacement for half the deductible. Not sure if that would kill the waterproofing vs getting a complete replacement?

Sort of weight which way to go with replacement. IF I get a new phone, its a no brainer. IF I get a refurb, it might be better to go with screen repair option for $50 less, unless waterproofing takes a hit. Still might be better than a mystery refurb since my phone works well otherwise.

Thanks
    I don't think there any specific guarantee that you will get refurb or new. Mostly likely will be a refurb but sometimes you get lucky if they are out stock.
    04-05-2019 11:10 AM
    I don't think there any specific guarantee that you will get refurb or new. Mostly likely will be a refurb but sometimes you get lucky if they are out stock.
    Sounds like you lean to go walk in since no guarantee on new. I guess the waterproofing is something I could go after them on later if it fails at any point.
    04-05-2019 12:53 PM
    Sounds like you lean to go walk in since no guarantee on new. I guess the waterproofing is something I could go after them on later if it fails at any point.
    No I'm not leaning in any direction, just going by past experience with the warranty companies.
    It's water resistant and as far as I know they don't cover exposure to moisture regardless because there is no way to test if it was exposed beyond test ratings.
    04-05-2019 01:03 PM