Alrighty, so just out of curiosity, which option does everyone choose for activating their lock screen? Lift to wake option or double tap to wake? I found especially with Android Q that double tap to wake and sometime in inconsistent unreliable unfortunately. Lifting to wake the phone for the lock screen so far is pretty reliable. Does anyone else do this featured all?
    04-17-2019 07:08 PM
    Alrighty, so just out of curiosity, which option does everyone choose for activating their lock screen? Lift to wake option or double tap to wake? I found especially with Android Q that double tap to wake and sometime in inconsistent unreliable unfortunately. Lifting to wake the phone for the lock screen so far is pretty reliable. Does anyone else do this featured all?
    I dont use either as AoD tells me if I have notifications, then if I go into phone just use fingerprint scanner.
    The lift to wake bothered me sitting in the car and waking up the screen during rough roads thinking it was lifting up.
    ptkelly likes this.
    04-17-2019 08:24 PM
    I have lift to wake enabled but it doesn't work.
    04-17-2019 08:40 PM
    I dont use either as AoD tells me if I have notifications, then if I go into phone just use fingerprint scanner.
    The lift to wake bothered me sitting in the car and waking up the screen during rough roads thinking it was lifting up.
    yeah true. However, what if you just want to swipe away notifications from the lock screen and not always unlock the phone and everything?
    04-17-2019 08:41 PM
    I have lift to wake enabled but it doesn't work.
    Really, you're lift awake doesn't work? Mine works very very well hahaha
    04-17-2019 08:42 PM
    Really, you're lift awake doesn't work? Mine works very very well hahaha
    I just checked and double tap to wake doesn't work either after turning lift to wake off and rebooting
    04-17-2019 08:45 PM
    yeah true. However, what if you just want to swipe away notifications from the lock screen and not always unlock the phone and everything?
    I do that once I'm in the phone because I have them set to hide so you cant read them
    04-17-2019 08:47 PM
    I had battery saver on. Turned it off. Works fine now.
    04-17-2019 08:50 PM
    Yeah battery saver mode disables AOD also
    04-17-2019 08:51 PM
    Oh thanks having sake it works again.. so you still using Lift to wake?
    I do that once I'm in the phone because I have them set to hide so you cant read them
    Gotcha gotcha yeah, I don't have that privacy setting turned on. I was just curious.
    04-17-2019 08:53 PM
    Yeah battery saver mode disables AOD also
    Yu}, I learned that lesson the hard way one night had to use battery saver mode one time when my battery went low!
    04-17-2019 08:54 PM
    Oh thanks having sake it works again.. so you still using Lift to wake?Gotcha gotcha yeah, I don't have that privacy setting turned on. I was just curious.
    Yeah I stay private lol
    04-17-2019 08:55 PM
    Yeah I stay private lol
    I thought of doing so, but there are a lot of notifications I get that I don't always want to unlock my phone just to dismiss. Activate me a lock screen allows me to quickly nonchalantly dismiss a lot of these notifications and then unlocking the phone from my really important notifications.
    04-17-2019 09:00 PM
    I thought of doing so, but there are a lot of notifications I get that I don't always want to unlock my phone just to dismiss. Activate me a lock screen allows me to quickly nonchalantly dismiss a lot of these notifications and then unlocking the phone from my really important notifications.
    I hear you..
    04-17-2019 09:04 PM
    Oh thanks having sake it works again.. so you still using Lift to wake?Gotcha gotcha yeah, I don't have that privacy setting turned on. I was just curious.
    yes. Using it. But I like massaging my battery too. So not sure if I'll go back to battery saver "on"
    04-17-2019 09:35 PM
    yes. Using it. But I like massaging my battery too. So not sure if I'll go back to battery saver "on"
    You know I'm actually going to try lift awake for the phone to see if I can actually get used to it. Do you find that when you in general lift the phone too quickly to slowly awakens to many times though?
    04-18-2019 01:00 AM
    I wish the pixel 3 had the "air gesture to wake" option my former moto xpe phone had. Swipe your hand 5" or any distance past the screen and it wakes up. No touching. No lifting.
    JohnS305 likes this.
    04-18-2019 07:41 AM
    I wish the pixel 3 had the "air gesture to wake" option my former moto xpe phone had. Swipe your hand 5" or any distance past the screen and it wakes up. No touching. No lifting.
    actually, I went back to double tap to wake because I found that more times than not with the lift to wake featuring enable, my lock screen was reactivated automatically by just moving my phone around. The double tap to wake feature still a little less annoying. I guess I'll just have to deal with it between that and the fingerprint scanner haha.
    04-18-2019 07:46 AM
    Yeah, I love my Pixel but there are certain Moto features that I miss. Like the wave to wake and chop for flash light.
    04-18-2019 09:26 AM
    Yeah, I love my Pixel but there are certain Moto features that I miss. Like the wave to wake and chop for flash light.
    Yep overall I still like the features of my Moto x pure over my pixel.... especially Moto voice, best hands free experience I've ever had on a phone.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-20-2019 06:19 AM
    What I'm going to try and do is turn odd double tap to wake, And lift for notifications. I'm going to try to just click the power button to light up the lock screen once I see notifications on my AOD. It's just more reliable for now...
    04-23-2019 08:32 PM