Lock screen activation

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Alrighty, so just out of curiosity, which option does everyone choose for activating their lock screen? Lift to wake option or double tap to wake? I found especially with Android Q that double tap to wake and sometime in inconsistent unreliable unfortunately. Lifting to wake the phone for the lock screen so far is pretty reliable. Does anyone else do this featured all?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Alrighty, so just out of curiosity, which option does everyone choose for activating their lock screen? Lift to wake option or double tap to wake? I found especially with Android Q that double tap to wake and sometime in inconsistent unreliable unfortunately. Lifting to wake the phone for the lock screen so far is pretty reliable. Does anyone else do this featured all?

I dont use either as AoD tells me if I have notifications, then if I go into phone just use fingerprint scanner.
The lift to wake bothered me sitting in the car and waking up the screen during rough roads thinking it was lifting up.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I dont use either as AoD tells me if I have notifications, then if I go into phone just use fingerprint scanner.
The lift to wake bothered me sitting in the car and waking up the screen during rough roads thinking it was lifting up.
yeah true. However, what if you just want to swipe away notifications from the lock screen and not always unlock the phone and everything?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I stay private lol
I thought of doing so, but there are a lot of notifications I get that I don't always want to unlock my phone just to dismiss. Activate me a lock screen allows me to quickly nonchalantly dismiss a lot of these notifications and then unlocking the phone from my really important notifications.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I thought of doing so, but there are a lot of notifications I get that I don't always want to unlock my phone just to dismiss. Activate me a lock screen allows me to quickly nonchalantly dismiss a lot of these notifications and then unlocking the phone from my really important notifications.
I hear you..

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Oh thanks having sake it works again.. so you still using Lift to wake?Gotcha gotcha yeah, I don't have that privacy setting turned on. I was just curious.
yes. Using it. But I like massaging my battery too. So not sure if I'll go back to battery saver "on"

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
yes. Using it. But I like massaging my battery too. So not sure if I'll go back to battery saver "on"
You know I'm actually going to try lift awake for the phone to see if I can actually get used to it. Do you find that when you in general lift the phone too quickly to slowly awakens to many times though?

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I wish the pixel 3 had the "air gesture to wake" option my former moto xpe phone had. Swipe your hand 5" or any distance past the screen and it wakes up. No touching. No lifting.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I wish the pixel 3 had the "air gesture to wake" option my former moto xpe phone had. Swipe your hand 5" or any distance past the screen and it wakes up. No touching. No lifting.
actually, I went back to double tap to wake because I found that more times than not with the lift to wake featuring enable, my lock screen was reactivated automatically by just moving my phone around. The double tap to wake feature still a little less annoying. I guess I'll just have to deal with it between that and the fingerprint scanner haha.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I love my Pixel but there are certain Moto features that I miss. Like the wave to wake and chop for flash light.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I love my Pixel but there are certain Moto features that I miss. Like the wave to wake and chop for flash light.

Yep overall I still like the features of my Moto x pure over my pixel.... especially Moto voice, best hands free experience I've ever had on a phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2