Samsung Galaxy Fold. Who is picking one up?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I won't lie. I want one. That thing is sweet. Yes yes, 1st Gen, issues exists and so forth, but man that thing is the future. Sadly, I just can't spend away $1,980.

Who is getting one here?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't think you'll get much action in the Pixel threads as far as someone buying one. Personally, I wouldn't touch it even for half the price. Maybe 3rd or 4th gen if it survives.

For me:
It's too bulky when folded.
The external display is too small.
The internal display is hideous including the crease and notch
I don't trust the hinge design as far as particulate entry.
The plastic display is too delicate.

Where are all the notch haters on this one? People complain the iPhone and Pixel notches and suddenly the mother of all notches is released and all we hear are crickets.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't think you'll get much action in the Pixel threads as far as someone buying one. Personally, I wouldn't touch it even for half the price. Maybe 3rd or 4th gen if it survives.

For me:
It's too bulky when folded.
The external display is too small.
The internal display is hideous including the crease and notch
I don't trust the hinge design as far as particulate entry.
The plastic display is too delicate.

Where are all the notch haters on this one? People complain the iPhone and Pixel notches and suddenly the mother of all notches is released and all we hear are crickets.

Lol

Attachments

• 1985.jpg
    1985.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 40

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Nah, I'm not even somewhat interested. I wouldn't use it as my daily phone or even as a backup. It's ugly, the form factor seems awkward for convenient portability and case options are very limited. I'd also be concerned about durability.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I always love new tech , but think the hinge needs to be better , I'd prefer and would've liked if you could slide out that extra screen from the side of the device

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I definitely would love to pick up but not sure if I'm willing to drop $2200 after tax for a first gen product. Worried about the hinge and screen durability in general. And good luck with Samsung crappy customer service if anything goes wrong with your $2k phone.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

You'd see the uproar if the notch was ported over to the s or note series.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am just waiting for crApple to introduce a foldable device 5 years from now and all the Apple disciples will talk about how Apple invented the foldable smartphone!
Yeah when they do , wont be a hinge or crease in it they wont put something in the market until they perfect it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah when they do , wont be a hinge or crease in it they wont put something in the market until they perfect it.

Yes.... exactly. They may not do it for awhile but when they do I predict it will be better than what we have seen so far.

Last edited: