Some users with pixel 3 issues still...

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I haven't had these issues and sometimes I wonder if it's just the way I use my phone. I believe that the QA this go around proves they've still got some work to do, though.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm sorry, but on my phone knock (knock on wood), I'm not having any of these issues. Just wanted to share this with everyone.

https://9to5google.com/2019/05/01/google-pixel-3-problems-6-months/

I just read this before coming into these forums. I don't own the Pixel 3 however I did recently have my Pixel 1 die randomly (motherboard issue) and Google's support was the worst. I think perhaps that is something we can all agree in.

Also I feel at the price range, they could at least put 6gb memory.

Similar stories from other Pixel 3 owners have me a bit discouraged from considering getting the Pixel 3 as the replacement to my recently dead phone. I'm considering the Galaxy S10E but I'm still trying to decide.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just read this before coming into these forums. I don't own the Pixel 3 however I did recently have my Pixel 1 die randomly (motherboard issue) and Google's support was the worst. I think perhaps that is something we can all agree in.

Similar stories from other Pixel 3 owners have me a bit discouraged from considering getting the Pixel 3 as the replacement to my recently dead phone. I'm considering the Galaxy S10E but I'm still trying to decide.
Honestly though, I know it's hard not to sound discouraged but my pixel three XL with Android Q beta 2 is absolutely fine. I wouldn't lie to you but I have no reason to haha. I absolutely freaking love my phone!
I haven't had these issues and sometimes I wonder if it's just the way I use my phone. I believe that the QA this go around proves they've still got some work to do, though.
same as mine. I mean I know everyone's going to have some quality assurance issues but mine's absolutely fine Love it!

TrackFan

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
P3 running Qbeta2.
Issues from that list that I've noticed:
Screen flashing - yep mine did it unless I hid all notifications on the lock screen. My phone no longer has this issue - possibly fixed when I switched to Q, not sure.

Wireless charging issues - yes my phone shows some anomalies here. I use G Stand and sometimes it just doesn't charge, most times it charges as it's supposed to. I do have a big, armor type case (SUP unicorn beetle) which may cause issues. Have not bothered to remove the case to see if that is the problem as its not much of a concern to me.

Other than that, good to go. I'd buy the phone again at the price I paid - $500.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I take issue with a lot of that article. Does he close his apps when he's finished with them, or does he leave them running and just run the launcher? (No, the launcher doesn't kill all the background apps, it's just an app itself.) Having chunked-up RAM when you're loading a large app leads to delays. (Anyone ever hear of the Back button?)

Customer service? I used to run CS for a few companies. (I've been retired for a while.) I'm jealous. Google customer service is bad? Then mine must have been the worst in the world. Oh - you aren't calling servants when you call customer service, you're asking someone to help you resolve a problem. Maybe that difference in attitude is why, for the 7 problems I've had, one of them elevated to programming in California, until someone on Reddit posted a solution (if your FPS starts failing in the winter, warm your finger, then wet it - cold wrinkles fingers just like lying in a tub for half an hour), I've never had any CS rep I haven't had a nice chat with while we were working out the problem (which only resulted in one replacement phone - they got 6 replacements back, because 4 of them didn't solve the problem [the FPS - I needed new - or less wrinkled - fingerprints] and one problem I solved after the first replacement's bootloader wouldn't unlock and the second one was already on its way) and no one ever complained about the needless shipping charges, round trip, for 6 phones.

Oh, granted, for the money they're asking, at least 6GB would be nice. But I have a 2, the 3 didn't add anything that excited me (I'm running the 3 camera on the 2), and I really don't see anything on the 4 that excites me. Maybe the 5 or the 6. And after all this time, I'm still learning new things about the phone or this app or that. (Who knew that you could show just one icon for a folder in Nova, then slide the icon up to open the folder?)

ThaiBruin

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm sorry, but on my phone knock (knock on wood), I'm not having any of these issues. Just wanted to share this with everyone.

https://9to5google.com/2019/05/01/google-pixel-3-problems-6-months/

I continue to experience the first 4 problems. Do I regret paying full price for the phone especially given the constant discounts since it's release? yes. Do I still like the phone? Yes. The camera may sometimes take longer than I want to start up, but once it does, the pictures are just too good.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
See now, I'm not sure if they're describing the phone with Android pie 9 or Android cube beta 2. but I'll tell you again, my phone was only on pie 9 for the first day I owned it and that it's been Q beta It's had some software issues of course nothing major but it's the expected with a beta regardless. but like I said, none of those issues I've ever had on my 3XL. Stay able and solid and such a great phone.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I take issue with a lot of that article. Does he close his apps when he's finished with them, or does he leave them running and just run the launcher? (No, the launcher doesn't kill all the background apps, it's just an app itself.) Having chunked-up RAM when you're loading a large app leads to delays. (Anyone ever hear of the Back button?)

Customer service? I used to run CS for a few companies. (I've been retired for a while.) I'm jealous. Google customer service is bad? Then mine must have been the worst in the world. Oh - you aren't calling servants when you call customer service, you're asking someone to help you resolve a problem. Maybe that difference in attitude is why, for the 7 problems I've had, one of them elevated to programming in California, until someone on Reddit posted a solution (if your FPS starts failing in the winter, warm your finger, then wet it - cold wrinkles fingers just like lying in a tub for half an hour), I've never had any CS rep I haven't had a nice chat with while we were working out the problem (which only resulted in one replacement phone - they got 6 replacements back, because 4 of them didn't solve the problem [the FPS - I needed new - or less wrinkled - fingerprints] and one problem I solved after the first replacement's bootloader wouldn't unlock and the second one was already on its way) and no one ever complained about the needless shipping charges, round trip, for 6 phones.

Oh, granted, for the money they're asking, at least 6GB would be nice. But I have a 2, the 3 didn't add anything that excited me (I'm running the 3 camera on the 2), and I really don't see anything on the 4 that excites me. Maybe the 5 or the 6. And after all this time, I'm still learning new things about the phone or this app or that. (Who knew that you could show just one icon for a folder in Nova, then slide the icon up to open the folder?)
Yes, right. I also take issue with a lot of that article too. I'm not discounting the fact that some people don't have those issues. However, I can't imagine that people with pixel three phones don't have all those issues either.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

I've only dealt with Google service once. I inadvertently deleted a years worth of photos. I contacted Google, actually a young man in the Philippines, whose English was excellent, and he said to not use my Google Photo app for 24 hours and I should get most photos back. He recovered hundreds.

No, I was very happy with the service so we don't all agree Google's service is the worst. For me, Apple holds that position.

I've had no problems with my Pixel or Pixel 2. I passed them on to two young friends and the battery died on the Pixel and we got it replaced locally for about $15. The Pixel and Pixel 2 are still plugging away with the lovely updates to Google Camera. I've had no problems with my Pixel 3.

I have noticed that some people have problems with all their devices. Karma, I suppose. The only consistent characteristic has been that nothing is ever their responsibility.

I don't play games on my phone. Don't do social media. Since I'm deaf I don't accept phone calls and only make calls for business from home where I can shut out ambient noise and wear Bluetooth earphones. I use the camera a lot and have had no significant problems.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've only dealt with Google service once. I inadvertently deleted a years worth of photos. I contacted Google, actually a young man in the Philippines, whose English was excellent, and he said to not use my Google Photo app for 24 hours and I should get most photos back. He recovered hundreds.

No, I was very happy with the service so we don't all agree Google's service is the worst. For me, Apple holds that position.

I've had no problems with my Pixel or Pixel 2. I passed them on to two young friends and the battery died on the Pixel and we got it replaced locally for about $15. The Pixel and Pixel 2 are still plugging away with the lovely updates to Google Camera. I've had no problems with my Pixel 3.

I have noticed that some people have problems with all their devices. Karma, I suppose. The only consistent characteristic has been that nothing is ever their responsibility.

I don't play games on my phone. Don't do social media. Since I'm deaf I don't accept phone calls and only make calls for business from home where I can shut out ambient noise and wear Bluetooth earphones. I use the camera a lot and have had no significant problems.
I completely lose you. Unfortunately, I believe that this phrase pertains to some: haters are going to hate. I had my older Nexus 6P but everyone unfortunately got that inevitable boot loop which can you can't avoid unfortunately. I have had to call Google customer service once or twice regarding my phone It wasn't a serious question more so about Google photos/google camera and panorama shots and photo sphere shots but they just confirmed what I had pretty much already known anyways. I've had no bad issues with Google customer service other. Now, I understand that some people owners have experience a lot of his pixel 3 issues. Like I said I am not one of them and I know many on the forms here are not one of them either. as far as The Pixel phone being a popular phone it hasn't been and neither were Nexus phones either. they are a niche,geeky, stock Android phone with quick updates, stock Android software and very good usable realistic features.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit, the Google representative I talked to was as helpful as he could be. I suppose I am just a bit jaded that my 3 year old device died for no reason. Sometimes we are too hard on customer service reps and expect them to work miracles for things beyond their control.

Aside from the unexpected death of my phone, I did also experience random boot loops and the original device I purchased had a speaker issue where the caller could not hear me.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I find that one of the toughest things with "issues" lists is that some "issues" are user error or preferences that aren't available consumers are unaware of.

You never know what a user has done to their device. What they've loaded on the phone or how many times they've dropped it over the last six months.. etc etc .. But out of the nowhere, on some random forum like this one or others, someone ask a random "Hey this X thing happened to my device... What can be done to fix this issue?" or "Who else is having this issue?". Something along those lines ...

That, in turn, is taken by the tech media as "reports of issues from users" to get some chum going. Get some eyes/clicks on the website and on the twitter...

Now don't misunderstand what I'm saying... I believe that some users are having genuine issues with the Pixel 3. Pixel 2 on 9.0 doesn't have the laundry list the 3 seems to have. But I am saying that not all issues are to be blamed on the device.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I find that one of the toughest things with "issues" lists is that some "issues" are user error or preferences that aren't available consumers are unaware of.

You never know what a user has done to their device. What they've loaded on the phone or how many times they've dropped it over the last six months.. etc etc .. But out of the nowhere, on some random forum like this one or others, someone ask a random "Hey this X thing happened to my device... What can be done to fix this issue?" or "Who else is having this issue?". Something along those lines ...

That, in turn, is taken by the tech media as "reports of issues from users" to get some chum going. Get some eyes/clicks on the website and on the twitter...

Now don't misunderstand what I'm saying... I believe that some users are having genuine issues with the Pixel 3. Pixel 2 on 9.0 doesn't have the laundry list the 3 seems to have. But I am saying that not all issues are to be blamed on the device.
Well once again I couldn't have said a better myself. some users don't know what they're doing and some users are more technical. That's just the way it is.

anon(8911628)

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I read a lot of comments under the article and it looks like nobody has problem as described. I am going to buy Pixel 3 (not XL) and will try to test it really heavy after updating it to the latest release. If I notice some of those, I will send the device back.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Sorry I can't agree...my contact with Google service has been second to none.
Also, my Pixel 3XL runs just as good as my Samsung S10 with 8GBs of RAM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty