Gboard spacing

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay so kind of a weird question , whenever autocorrection and keyboard detects a misspelled word and suggest a correct word, if you tap the spacebar for the corrected word, Gboard puts in an extra space versus just tapping on the correct word in the highline in area. Does anyone know if we can change this or not?

Mr MnmlEngr

May 7, 2019
Visit site
Just wanted to recreate your issue. You're saying that if you misspell a word, so GBoard suggests a corrected word, you can either tap the new word or just hit space. And you're saying that if you do the latter, it ends up as "word_ _" where the underscores are spaces?

I couldn't recreate that with my P3XL, but I did find a setting that might be your issue. Go to GBoard settings>Text Correction, and under corrections there is a toggle for "Autospace after punctuation" that looks like it's a beta setting. Perhaps it's messing something up for you? If that doesn't happen, might be a glitch that can be resolved by clearing the cache or app data.

Let us know if either works!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to recreate your issue. You're saying that if you misspell a word, so GBoard suggests a corrected word, you can either tap the new word or just hit space. And you're saying that if you do the latter, it ends up as "word_ _" where the underscores are spaces?

I couldn't recreate that with my P3XL, but I did find a setting that might be your issue. Go to GBoard settings>Text Correction, and under corrections there is a toggle for "Autospace after punctuation" that looks like it's a beta setting. Perhaps it's messing something up for you? If that doesn't happen, might be a glitch that can be resolved by clearing the cache or app data.

Let us know if either works!
hey thanks for this suggest. Yup that's the issue I was talking about. I completely forgot about that setting honestly. I'm going to give that a shot and see if that fixes anything for me I'll let everyone know. Thanks again!

Mr MnmlEngr

May 7, 2019
Visit site
hey thanks for this suggest. Yup that's the issue I was talking about. I completely forgot about that setting honestly. I'm going to give that a shot and see if that fixes anything for me I'll let everyone know. Thanks again!

No problem, sir! Let us know if none of those options work for you.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
So I just tried to recreate this on my g-board. When I type a misspelled word and then hit space, it will put that misspelled word in. I have to physically click on the suggested correction on the top row to insert that instead. When I do, the cursor is at the end of the word, with no space. When I hit space I get only one space.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh that's pretty cool then. In the future I'll have to look harder for that but I'll have to look harder for that then. I mean either way, I know it's not that big of a deal I was just curious.