Ok so I I bought my pixel 3 xl brand new from Google back in February. I immediately right out of the box put a screen protector on it and placed it in a case and it's lived there since. The back of the phone is is excellent condition except for a corner spot above the camera where it looks the black color is just shedding off.

On Reddit, there have been people who've had the same exact issue. The phone was always in a case and never dropped but this happened.

The quality control of these phones are extremely lacking in my opinion.
    05-10-2019 07:27 AM
    Ok so I I bought my pixel 3 xl brand new from Google back in February. I immediately right out of the box put a screen protector on it and placed it in a case and it's lived there since. The back of the phone is is excellent condition except for a corner spot above the camera where it looks the black color is just shedding off.

On Reddit, there have been people who've had the same exact issue. The phone was always in a case and never dropped but this happened.

The quality control of these phones are extremely lacking in my opinion.
    Contact Google
    05-10-2019 07:59 AM
    lol so they can deny anything and offer me a bad replacement, no thanks
    J Dubbs likes this.
    05-10-2019 08:32 AM
    lol so they can deny anything and offer me a bad replacement, no thanks
    Your Choice
    05-10-2019 09:09 AM
    I like the all metal bodied pixel 1 and 2. The all glass pixel 3's are designed to break to keep us buying expensive phones in a slowing market :-(
    mbxx likes this.
    05-11-2019 08:14 AM
    Your Choice
    I took your advice, contacted google and they sent me a replacement device. Which had paint chips in similar location, the USB-C poor had scratches and paint chips as well, the back glass had surface scrapes, the edges in the front and back had particle debris trapped in there. The replacement phone was in worse shape than mine. SMH. Contacted google and they said to send the replacement back so they can send another replacement. Either way, I'm done, this phone will be on sale and I think I'm gonna be getting a one plus 7 pro.
    05-17-2019 03:32 PM
    If you can't see it with the case on and if it doesn't affect how it operated then who cares let it go.
    05-17-2019 03:34 PM
    I took your advice, contacted google and they sent me a replacement device. Which had paint chips in similar location, the USB-C poor had scratches and paint chips as well, the back glass had surface scrapes, the edges in the front and back had particle debris trapped in there. The replacement phone was in worse shape than mine. SMH. Contacted google and they said to send the replacement back so they can send another replacement. Either way, I'm done, this phone will be on sale and I think I'm gonna be getting a one plus 7 pro.
    Sorry that happened, I cant believe they send you a replacement phone banged up like that.
    05-17-2019 03:52 PM
    If you can't see it with the case on and if it doesn't affect how it operated then who cares let it go.
    I care, I dropped a lot of money on the phone and it shouldn't have a defect like that. I understand if I didn't have a case and rubbed it against something or dropped it but this happened due to their lack of quality control.
    05-17-2019 03:56 PM