Lock Screen Help

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If you are talking about the AOD brightness, there isn't a way to increase the brightness for that. If you tap it it'll brighten up but that's not what you are asking for. You just want the AOD to be more brighter and unfortunately there isn't any setting to do that. Most likely because they don't want people to brightness to max for AOD which drains the battery more and then more people will complain not knowing what's happening. But you might say I know what I'm doing and would like to have a setting.

I'll check on my other phones to see if they offer to change the brightness of AOD. As far as I recall no one does.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If you are talking about the AOD brightness, there isn't a way to increase the brightness for that. If you tap it it'll brighten up but that's not what you are asking for. You just want the AOD to be more brighter and unfortunately there isn't any setting to do that. Most likely because they don't want people to brightness to max for AOD which drains the battery more and then more people will complain not knowing what's happening. But you might say I know what I'm doing and would like to have a setting.

I'll check on my other phones to see if they offer to change the brightness of AOD. As far as I recall no one does.
Just the Samsung have auto brightness for AOD

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yep just checked

I'm guessing then Google will eventually add it, they always add features year or two later so won't be surprised if it's going to be added to Pixel phones this or next year
The pixels will add this like how it took them to add split screen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton