Hey, All,

I have been with the Nexus line from the beginning. I've also followed and used all the pixels. My daily phone is the pixel 3XL.

Like many of you, I'm a huge fan of the Nexus line and was extremely disappointed when Google went the pixel route just for the simple fact that it didn't feel like the Nexus line anymore - for a slew of reasons.

I recently switched over to a oneplus6t to mess around with, and I just have to say that this oneplus6t feels much more like the good old Nexus line than the pixels ever did. It's kind of bittersweet.
    05-11-2019 08:12 PM
    Hey, All,

I have been with the Nexus line from the beginning. I've also followed and used all the pixels. My daily phone is the pixel 3XL.

Like many of you, I'm a huge fan of the Nexus line and was extremely disappointed when Google went the pixel route just for the simple fact that it didn't feel like the Nexus line anymore - for a slew of reasons.

I recently switched over to a oneplus6t to mess around with, and I just have to say that this oneplus6t feels much more like the good old Nexus line than the pixels ever did. It's kind of bittersweet.
    I agree, been saying that for long time )
    KillerQ likes this.
    05-11-2019 08:17 PM
    There are definitely better devices out there for different reasons but for me the pixel line of devices check off all the most important boxes for me. There are so many devices to chose from it's hard when it's time for a new device.
    Byrese likes this.
    05-11-2019 09:51 PM
    There are definitely better devices out there for different reasons but for me the pixel line of devices check off all the most important boxes for me. There are so many devices to chose from it's hard when it's time for a new device.
    The blessing and curse of having options
    05-11-2019 09:55 PM
    To be honest, all I need is 8 gig of ram in my pixel 3 and it'd be perfect. RAM management causes too much of my stuff too close too often. With my oneplus6t, I went back to something from earlier this morning it was right there. It made me smile.
    05-11-2019 09:58 PM
    I'd add battery life to that list. This thing kicks rock on battery life.
    05-11-2019 10:01 PM
    I'm glad there is the expensive Pixel and cheaper Pixel line now. I love latest software updates but at the same time want the best possible internals at the time of phone release which Google does with the high end pixel line (yes I agree we need more RAM). I love one plus phones but unfortunately they don't get fast software updates like Pixel does.
    05-11-2019 10:24 PM
    Now that the Pixel 3a shows what can be done at $400, I wonder if that will Lock Google into a pricing frame that will make the pixel 4 much cheaper.
    05-11-2019 10:25 PM
    I'm glad there is the expensive Pixel and cheaper Pixel line now. I love latest software updates but at the same time want the best possible internals at the time of phone release which Google does with the high end pixel line (yes I agree we need more RAM). I love one plus phones but unfortunately they don't get fast software updates like Pixel does.
    Now that pixels show what can be done at $400, I wonder if that will Locke Google into a price Market that will make the pixel 4 much cheaper.
    Good point guys , hopefully this will pave way for cheaper Pixel phones to become closer to what nexus use to offer .
    bhatech and J Dubbs like this.
    05-11-2019 10:29 PM
    I mean, do Pixels even need to feel like a Nexus program device? That time was so incoherent. I completely understand the nostalgia, but I'm glad Google is going the direction they are with the Pixel line.

When I watch something like the offline Assistant demo from I/O, it just seems like things like app switching are just ... a point of reference, maybe. To watch the demonstrator just bark off a string of commands in different situations was impressive to me.

I definitely want the focus going in that direction for at least the flagships.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-11-2019 11:44 PM
    I mean, do Pixels even need to feel like a Nexus program device? That time was so incoherent. I completely understand the nostalgia, but I'm glad Google is going the direction they are with the Pixel line.

When I watch something like the offline Assistant demo from I/O, it just seems like things like app switching are just ... a point of reference, maybe. To watch the demonstrator just bark off a string of commands in different situations was impressive to me.

I definitely want the focus going in that direction for at least the flagships.
    Dont get me wrong I love what Google doing with the pixel line , but if they going to have a 2nd phone line why not do it it similar to the Nexus line.
    05-12-2019 12:30 AM
    To be honest, all I need is 8 gig of ram in my pixel 3 and it'd be perfect. RAM management causes too much of my stuff too close too often. With my oneplus6t, I went back to something from earlier this morning it was right there. It made me smile.
    Yep, have both phones as well. Pixel 3 xl daily driver because of the camera. RAM is horrible on it. Wish they put 6gb on this thing. They are asking crap load of money for it anyway.
    05-12-2019 06:54 AM
    Dont get me wrong I love what Google doing with the pixel line , but if they going to have a 2nd phone line why not do it it similar to the Nexus line.
    I hear you. I've read a good amount from the community that would definitely like to see some version of a Nexus rebirth. Maybe the "a" series can fill that void for people who are looking for the same type of experience that Nexus used to deliver.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-12-2019 11:17 AM
    I hear you. I've read a good amount from the community that would definitely like to see some version of a Nexus rebirth. Maybe the "a" series can fill that void for people who are looking for the same type of experience that Nexus used to deliver.
    At that price
    Keep the pixel 3 chip/wouldn't cost anything
    Keep the polycarbonate body
    Keep the display which is fine for that price point

Hopefully they do it next time around
    All they need to cut cost , display, polycarbonate body, wireless charging,IP rating and keep everything else same
    DMP89145 likes this.
    05-12-2019 11:40 AM
    Honestly from the Pixel phone, there's nothing that I'm missing... it's got the same idea of a Nexus sure except the premium price they but that's where the 3A comes into place. Pixel phones is that it's got stock Android auto versus OnePlus and every other Android manufacturer not even 1+ Android they don't have to stock Google camera app unless you sideload the APK file
    05-12-2019 03:14 PM
    Google camera and other Google apps are extremely useful, and they do integrate better on Pixel phones. Performance wise the OnePlus 6T blitzes Nexus and Pixel phones out of the water (Pixel 3 only slightly worst due to RAM) and has better designs.
    05-14-2019 11:56 AM
    Yes, Google services and applications do run smooth on pixel phones versus every other Android phone. I'm not a huge game on my phone I have one puzzle game so performance is exceptional. My battery has tons of endurance! The screen is beautiful in my opinion and build quality is phenomenal. I plan on having my 3XL for quite a few years. I mean as far as Android phones are concerned, there will always be haters everywhere you look to the size and every little tip of a phone. Which I understand. However, if you think of it logically with software updates and machine learning and AI and VR, Google knows that they have cornered the market. I understand that if you're a big gamer The Pixel phone might not be the best Android phone. Which is completely understandable. But for an easy to use always updating software all the time experience from Google it's the best!
    05-14-2019 12:06 PM
    I never looked for the Nexus feel in Pixel. Pixel is Pixel. I don't try and hang on to old stuff.
    05-14-2019 03:14 PM