One of the great functions and ought to be standard functions on all phones, is on my BB Passport, When it was in a case with a cover.

The screen turns on when case is opened, and when case is closed the screen shuts off.

and, It could be set up to function to open the phone line when cover was opened with an incoming call and shut off the call when case was closed.

So does any one know if there are any Apps for Android that will do this?
    05-12-2019 06:34 AM
    The phone needs to have built in sensor (typically magnetic sensor) in order to perform these actions. I know in the past some Samsung and HTC phones had these sensors and a small magnet embedded in the cover trigger the sensor to do various things.
    05-12-2019 07:13 AM
    Yeah, they typically don't even make the kind of case that you're referring to unless the phone hardware supports that feature.
    With that said, I suppose that you could use an application like Tasker https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.taskerm to monitor the proximity sensor and turn off/on the screen under the correct circumstances. That might require root capability to fiddle with system settings; IDK.
    05-12-2019 11:48 AM