I Was Wrong, nobody can do what Google does.

Alex B6

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Pixel 3xl is amazing. I borrowed one for a week and it's the best bare Android I have ever used. So smooth and fluid. Samsung, LG, HTC all rubbish. It's got all the pre-installed rubbish that you cannot uninstall. The Pixel is definitely my next phone if Samsung cannot repair my phone after the Android 9 update.

Last edited by a moderator:

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Pixel 3xl is amazing. I loaned one for a week and its the best bare android I have ever used. So smooth and fluid. Samsung,LG,HTC all rubbish. It's got all the pre installed rubbish that you cannot uninstall. The pixel is definitely my next phone if Samsung cannot repair my phone after the android 9 update.
well I'm certainly glad to hear that you love your pixel 3 XL. Stock Android is awesome, there's no denying that. Yes, I used to l have a Verizon Galaxy s8 and My mother just upgraded from the Galaxy note 2 to a Pixel 3A XL on my professional recommendation of course. It's definitely smoother, more intuitive. I've known this for years.

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Google has done a great job with their devices and accessories without a doubt. I am a long time smartphone user and use both android and apple, I just picked up the pixel 3 and love it. I carry the pixel and a iPad mini so I have the best of both worlds.

Same! Pixel 3 and iPad Mini combination as well

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Same! Pixel 3 and iPad Mini combination as well
The pixels work so that well that I persuaded my mother into finally upgrading from a note 2 to a pixel 3AXL! She's loving it so far! Simple , intuitive,, and amazing software updates for years to come! b

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I am in to note series since note 2 and with note 8 now. Tried pixel 2xl and loved the experience and it almost pulled me away from note line but with all the extra stuff Samsung offers I could not stay long without note. Kept pixel 2xl as my back up now. Tried OP 3 and 6T earlier, though software is great there is definitely issue with radios. I consistently got ear pain within a minute when on calls and so I let them go and decided against OP going forward. Samsung seems to be best in keeping SAR rating low (even better than apple) and I suggest folks to look at that rating before deciding on any manufacturer.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the regular Pixel 3 since launch, i came from an iPhone 7+. As far as Android is concerned to me, Pixel 3 is an exceptional device. Sure it could have a better display from the S10, but functionality and pure Android I'd take over Samsung UI.

With that said, I miss my iPhone. Android does multiple things in terms of customization and flexibility much better than iOS, but I'd take back iMessage, FaceTime and overall feel of UI. Just my preference. But what holds me back from going back so quickly to iOS is Google assistant over Siri. That's it, GA is so much better and worthy reason to stay on Android.

So when it comes to Pixel 3/A series, I'm with you that when it comes to Android this is the phone for me. I've used the S10, P30 and some others...still prefer my simplistic OS design.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I am in to note series since note 2 and with note 8 now. Tried pixel 2xl and loved the experience and it almost pulled me away from note line but with all the extra stuff Samsung offers I could not stay long without note. Kept pixel 2xl as my back up now. Tried OP 3 and 6T earlier, though software is great there is definitely issue with radios. I consistently got ear pain within a minute when on calls and so I let them go and decided against OP going forward. Samsung seems to be best in keeping SAR rating low (even better than apple) and I suggest folks to look at that rating before deciding on any manufacturer.

This is the main reason I use a Bluetooth ear piece. I'm not totally sure it's safer but it's gotta be better than holding the phone to your ear for 4 hours a day

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the regular Pixel 3 since launch, i came from an iPhone 7+. As far as Android is concerned to me, Pixel 3 is an exceptional device. Sure it could have a better display from the S10, but functionality and pure Android I'd take over Samsung UI.

With that said, I miss my iPhone. Android does multiple things in terms of customization and flexibility much better than iOS, but I'd take back iMessage, FaceTime and overall feel of UI. Just my preference. But what holds me back from going back so quickly to iOS is Google assistant over Siri. That's it, GA is so much better and worthy reason to stay on Android.

So when it comes to Pixel 3/A series, I'm with you that when it comes to Android this is the phone for me. I've used the S10, P30 and some others...still prefer my simplistic OS design.

So glad you are enjoying your Pixel 3! I do understand what you're saying about iMessage. It's probably one of the best messaging apps out there. iOS is a tried and true OS and it's smooth - I can understand why you'd miss some things about iPhone. But you're right about Google Assistant - it's amazing!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So glad you are enjoying your Pixel 3! I do understand what you're saying about iMessage. It's probably one of the best messaging apps out there. iOS is a tried and true OS and it's smooth - I can understand why you'd miss some things about iPhone. But you're right about Google Assistant - it's amazing!
Honestly, I understand that iMessage is good, but there's also services like WhatsApp and telegram for secure chats. I love my 3 XL, not just because I'm a geek, but also because Google's algorithms and AI make doing daily chores, and picture taking amazing.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Nothing touches iMessage. I have owned every Nexus and Pixel phone, I got tired of the slowness and traded my 3 for a Samsung S10+. Never going back except maybe to the Pixel 4.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I switched back to apple in the past for iMessage but now I use a iPad for that and the pixel 3 for my daily driver. I like both platforms but Android and the pixel to me are the best combination for my needs.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I switched back to apple in the past for iMessage but now I use a iPad for that and the pixel 3 for my daily driver. I like both platforms but Android and the pixel to me are the best combination for my needs.

I agree with that combo. Plus, since Google is stock it would be at least somewhat similar to the simplicity (which is a good thing) of iOS.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I understand that iMessage is good, but there's also services like WhatsApp and telegram for secure chats. I love my 3 XL, not just because I'm a geek, but also because Google's algorithms and AI make doing daily chores, and picture taking amazing.

You're very right! I have used both of those messaging apps and have loved them!

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
How is a Samsung far off from Stock now and why is stock Google better? I have an unlocked S10+ and came from the PIxel 3. I cannot think of why stock google is better than Samsung?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You're very right! I have used both of those messaging apps and have loved them!
Well, I think you very much! I barely use WhatsApp but it's a huge messaging last one around the world. I'm just a stock Googler for life! a ton of people use both message applications and love them!
How is a Samsung far off from Stock now and why is stock Google better? I have an unlocked S10+ and came from the PIxel 3. I cannot think of why stock google is better than Samsung?
1. Samsung is far off from the stock Android because it's filled with the experience UX/TouchWiz from Samsung which as a huge skin over Android.

2. Google is better because of software updates, fast, intuitive interface, and simple platform / UI. Now, this is completely user opinionated, however most people on this particular forum will agree.

3. I used to have a Verizon Galaxy s8. It was stuck on Oreo 8.0. Software updates from Samsung are horrible.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Well, I think you very much! I barely use WhatsApp but it's a huge messaging last one around the world. I'm just a stock Googler for life! a ton of people use both message applications and love them!1. Samsung is far off from the stock Android because it's filled with the experience UX/TouchWiz from Samsung which as a huge skin over Android.

2. Google is better because of software updates, fast, intuitive interface, and simple platform / UI. Now, this is completely user opinionated, however most people on this particular forum will agree.

3. I used to have a Verizon Galaxy s8. It was stuck on Oreo 8.0. Software updates from Samsung are horrible.

1. True, Touchwiz was atrocious the updated Samsung One UI is worth trying out and is one of the best UI's I have ever used and I actually hope to see some of the benefits of the new UI in Stock Google one day.

2. Samsung has gotten better about updates and updates do not always mean better experience for the end user, ie "Honeycomb".

3. The S10 is worlds apart from the S8 in design and build, I would not knock it til you try it. There are a group of users that want the latest and greatest and I too used to be one of those. Its worth the wait sometime to ensure4 everything works and you are not all of a sudden finding out Google Pay does not work or Android Auto. Oh and some of the slow update for your s* is because of Verizon not Samsung :)

The best of the best IMO

Google Pixel for updates and Software
Google Camera software and Post Imaging Hardware
IOS IMessage
Samsung PAY
Samsung Hardware and build

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
1. True, Touchwiz was atrocious the updated Samsung One UI is worth trying out and is one of the best UI's I have ever used and I actually hope to see some of the benefits of the new UI in Stock Google one day.

2. Samsung has gotten better about updates and updates do not always mean better experience for the end user, ie "Honeycomb".

3. The S10 is worlds apart from the S8 in design and build, I would not knock it til you try it. There are a group of users that want the latest and greatest and I too used to be one of those. Its worth the wait sometime to ensure4 everything works and you are not all of a sudden finding out Google Pay does not work or Android Auto. Oh and some of the slow update for your s* is because of Verizon not Samsung :)

The best of the best IMO

Google Pixel for updates and Software
Google Camera software and Post Imaging Hardware
IOS IMessage
Samsung PAY
Samsung Hardware and build
The Galaxy s8 left a horribly bad taste in my mouth, andI would never buy another Samsung Galaxy phone ever again. I'm extremely opinionated what it comes to technology because I have so much experience in it and I used to work for Verizon in smartphone industry for a long long time and I've seen what's happened in the industry wirelessly but that's my viewpoint.

As far as updates even for the new S10 series I Hope for customers at Samsung will provide fast updates, but for previous Samsung Galaxy phones, users might as well just give up on software updates completely! As far as messaging yes there are two to three reasons which have already been stayed as to why The people who have iPhones have iPhones colon I message, FaceTime, and for most of the time iTunes. Apple knows that. That's why Apple keeps it proprietary, so no one can copy them It's their marketing tool works out very well That's why messaging apps I telegram comment WhatsApp exist in the same token.

As far as Google products/software, it's interesting I've never been on an Apple forum so I can't say this for sure, but I've never heard anyone bash the iPhone 10's notch on the top which is wider and longer than the 3XL! As far as the Galaxy S10 camera I know it's very good. but as far as image processing as you said and algorithms, Google is ahead of everyone. And they will continue to do so cuz they're working hard at it with Google Assistant as well. Now, as far as the pixel 3A series hopefully selling better for Google, I pray to God that happens for Google of course. It's a great phone , and I just persuaded my mother to buy one as well. She now has a 3AXL and she loves it. Mostly for the software updates cuz your guaranteed software updates for at least 3 years.

on a similar note wall away with the p 30 pro is supposed to have a great camera and do some software and even with the US government ban lifted, would I buy a Huawei phone myself?probably not because Wawa has horrible customer service lost or short, when I had my older Nexus 6P on beta software, while I refuse to want to seem like older phone that suffer from the inevitable boot loop issue and I don't trust them.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, I think you very much! I barely use WhatsApp but it's a huge messaging last one around the world. I'm just a stock Googler for life! a ton of people use both message applications and love them!1. Samsung is far off from the stock Android because it's filled with the experience UX/TouchWiz from Samsung which as a huge skin over Android.

I really love the fluidity and simplicity of stock Android's messaging app. I often switch back to Textra for a while because I love its customizable nature; but I always switch back to the Pixel 2's stock messaging app.

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Google has done a great job with their devices and accessories without a doubt. I am a long time smartphone user and use both android and apple, I just picked up the pixel 3 and love it. I carry the pixel and a iPad mini so I have the best of both worlds.
This is me all day! I like iOS as a secondary platform, mostly for entertainment. My go to communicator and daily driver will always be an Android device especially a Pixel. So happy Google is sticking with their own products.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Is Android’s native messages app (Google) Messages? Because if so I have to agree, I love it ;)

I like how there’s dark mode, a range of settings, a clean yet still practical and colourful appearance and the option to use wifi/data. Much better than Samsung Messages (Experience version) although it doesn’t have scheduled texts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20