This is really a small niggle. I'm switching over to pixel from iphone. On the iPhone, when the screen goes dim after being inactive for a while, just before sleeping, I would just need to touch the screen to activate the phone again. When the screen dims on the pixel, just before sleeping, it seems the screen is still active and when I tap the screen to activate the phone it will open apps or click links. It's a minor irritation but I was wondering of there is a way to adjust this?
    05-17-2019 11:58 AM
    This is really a small niggle. I'm switching over to pixel from iphone. On the iPhone, when the screen goes dim after being inactive for a while, just before sleeping, I would just need to touch the screen to activate the phone again. When the screen dims on the pixel, just before sleeping, it seems the screen is still active and when I tap the screen to activate the phone it will open apps or click links. It's a minor irritation but I was wondering of there is a way to adjust this?
    You would need to turn off your Always on ambient display and then activate the "double tap to check phone" or "lift to check phone" options.
    05-17-2019 12:43 PM
    No, I don't think you can do anything about that. Isn't this behaviour faster and more convenient, though? You can start doing your work right from the first touch instead of interacting with the phone twice.

Google OS > Common Sense > Welcome
    05-19-2019 02:17 PM