Rapid Charging

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Oh please.....Why go there?

Simple. It's called projection.

I'm not an engineer but can you test the charging system with some sort of instrument? I think it's more likely it wasn't charging than a malicious change to the operating system is responsible.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The charging rate depends on a few things - like condition of the battery (how many times have you let it drop below 40%, how many times have you left the phone in a car in the sun), and where on the charge curve you're looking. Charging from 40% to 70% is faster with rapid charging, but charging from near 0 isn't (until you reach about 30%), neither is charging from 80% to 100%.

And if you let the battery drop to near 0%, you can kill in in a couple of months. The further below 50%, the shorter the lifespan. (Lithium batteries are not deep-discharge batteries.)

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Oddly enough, on my ride to work today on the motorcycle, it stayed fully charged from 95% to when I got to work a half hour later. This was with using waze and pandora again. Maybe its not necessarily my phone but my USB cable being finicky. I need to do more testing.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Oddly enough, on my ride to work today on the motorcycle, it stayed fully charged from 95% to when I got to work a half hour later. This was with using waze and pandora again. Maybe its not necessarily my phone but my USB cable being finicky. I need to do more testing.

Could the vibrations be bothering your cable ... does the cable hang, or wave in the wind??

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Could the vibrations be bothering your cable ... does the cable hang, or wave in the wind??

OK, it was my cable. I found a part that was burned through from my exhaust...

Only if it's a Harley������������

Because it IS a Harley.

EDIT: Installed a new "fire resistant" USB cable on the bike this past weekend and my phone stayed at 100% the entire ride. All good now.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463