Rapid Charging

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Didn't do anything in reboot.

Turned the phone off.
Held the power key and down volume key.
Don't understand how to change anything like on the Samsung phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Didn't do anything in reboot.

Turned the phone off.
Held the power key and down volume key.
Don't understand how to change anything like on the Samsung phone.

Just hold power button few seconds a menu will pop up and choose restart dont hold volume button

Edit: so restart didn't help?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Restart just means what is says, start the phone again. No volume button. You can just turn it off, then turn it on.

It may be a problem of where the battery is on the power curve - Rapid charge only occurs in the middle, You don't rapid charge an almost dead battery, and you don't rapid charge over about 70%. (The charger - the circuit inside the phone - takes care of that.)

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Cutting the phone off and back on does nothing.

I turned the phone off and held the power button and the down volume like I did when I had a samsung phone.

This is what come up.

20190519-125040.jpg

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Something happened in the last update where the phone absolutely does not charge at the same rate anymore. When I ride my motorcycle, I typically have waze and pandora running. My phone has a direct USB to the battery for charging. This past saturday I took a nice 2.5 hour ride, left at 100%, came home at 50%. My battery used to stay full while on the bike and charge past its usage rate. Also noticed it charges way slower when connected to my laptop now than it used to.

Not happy about this.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Something happened in the last update where the phone absolutely does not charge at the same rate anymore. When I ride my motorcycle, I typically have waze and pandora running. My phone has a direct USB to the battery for charging. This past saturday I took a nice 2.5 hour ride, left at 100%, came home at 50%. My battery used to stay full while on the bike and charge past its usage rate. Also noticed it charges way slower when connected to my laptop now than it used to.

Not happy about this.

Wait

They are trying to sell new Pixel 4.
They want to know what it will take to get you to buy one.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Wait

They are trying to sell new Pixel 4.
They want to know what it will take to get you to buy one.

Ive never experienced that before from Google, and Ive been with their phones since the Nexus1. Thats an Apple thing to do.

EDIT: Im still buying the P4 anyway lol