SIM malfrunctioned....

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Between 4 a.m. and 8 a.m. this Sunday morning my Pixel3 lost cell service. No phone, no text, no cell service. My service providers has business hours on Sunday so I went over at 10 a.m. It's no surprise the best and the brightest aren't working on Sunday but the young woman said they wouldn't check the phone because I didn't buy it from them. She did check my account and say there was no problem there. So, I bought a new SIM card, for about $8, came home, installed the SIM, did a factory reset and all is fine.

I curious. Not only have I never had a problem with a SIM card, I've never heard of one just going berserk. Does this make sense?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Between 4 a.m. and 8 a.m. this Sunday morning my Pixel3 lost cell service. No phone, no text, no cell service. My service providers has business hours on Sunday so I went over at 10 a.m. It's no surprise the best and the brightest aren't working on Sunday but the young woman said they wouldn't check the phone because I didn't buy it from them. She did check my account and say there was no problem there. So, I bought a new SIM card, for about $8, came home, installed the SIM, did a factory reset and all is fine.

I curious. Not only have I never had a problem with a SIM card, I've never heard of one just going berserk. Does this make sense?
Mine stop reading on my 3xl after I believe 2 months having it and Google sent a replacement been good ever since.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It def. isn't common but SIM cards can get damaged.

Since going in it hasn't been out but I wouldn't rule out damaging it as I got it in. I'm clumsy. I don't have much choice so I'll wait and see what happens. If it happens again it isn't the SIM. The lady at the service desk inserted the card and she definitely has more experience than I and more nimble fingers.

Thanks for the input.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

They can go bad on occasion.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I replaced mine a few months ago because I started missing SMS messages from people. My SIM was about 4 years old, went to AT&T and they replaced it for free. Havent missed any SMS since(that I know of). My buddy just replaced his last week because he wasnt getting MMS messages, also on AT&T. After replacement hes getting all his messages too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz