Between 4 a.m. and 8 a.m. this Sunday morning my Pixel3 lost cell service. No phone, no text, no cell service. My service providers has business hours on Sunday so I went over at 10 a.m. It's no surprise the best and the brightest aren't working on Sunday but the young woman said they wouldn't check the phone because I didn't buy it from them. She did check my account and say there was no problem there. So, I bought a new SIM card, for about $8, came home, installed the SIM, did a factory reset and all is fine.

I curious. Not only have I never had a problem with a SIM card, I've never heard of one just going berserk. Does this make sense?
    05-19-2019 08:33 PM
    Between 4 a.m. and 8 a.m. this Sunday morning my Pixel3 lost cell service. No phone, no text, no cell service. My service providers has business hours on Sunday so I went over at 10 a.m. It's no surprise the best and the brightest aren't working on Sunday but the young woman said they wouldn't check the phone because I didn't buy it from them. She did check my account and say there was no problem there. So, I bought a new SIM card, for about $8, came home, installed the SIM, did a factory reset and all is fine.

I curious. Not only have I never had a problem with a SIM card, I've never heard of one just going berserk. Does this make sense?
    Mine stop reading on my 3xl after I believe 2 months having it and Google sent a replacement been good ever since.
    05-19-2019 08:41 PM
    It def. isn't common but SIM cards can get damaged.
    05-20-2019 12:18 AM
    It def. isn't common but SIM cards can get damaged.
    Since going in it hasn't been out but I wouldn't rule out damaging it as I got it in. I'm clumsy. I don't have much choice so I'll wait and see what happens. If it happens again it isn't the SIM. The lady at the service desk inserted the card and she definitely has more experience than I and more nimble fingers.

Thanks for the input.
    05-20-2019 06:36 AM
    Mine stop reading on my 3xl after I believe 2 months having it and Google sent a replacement been good ever since.
    In your case it was the phone not the SIM.... correct?
    05-21-2019 10:12 PM

They can go bad on occasion.
    05-21-2019 10:13 PM
    In your case it was the phone not the SIM.... correct?
    Correct
    05-21-2019 10:13 PM
    I replaced mine a few months ago because I started missing SMS messages from people. My SIM was about 4 years old, went to AT&T and they replaced it for free. Havent missed any SMS since(that I know of). My buddy just replaced his last week because he wasnt getting MMS messages, also on AT&T. After replacement hes getting all his messages too.
    05-22-2019 08:02 AM