Dell’s Cyber Monday in Julysaves you up to 50%!
07-12-2019 12:37 PM
28 12
tools
    I haven't tested for sure yet but it seems like my battery runs down faster since the May update, anyone else have issues?
    05-21-2019 11:56 PM
    Yep, and my battery seems worse every month. It dropped 20% overnight just sitting on my night stand. I attempted safe mode a couple weeks ago and still lost 10%.
    05-22-2019 06:29 AM
    Overnight mine goes down about 1% an hour, or half that if in airplane mode. Battery life in the day doesn't seem good, get around 2 hours screen on time and safemode doesn't make any difference, so seems more like an os issue than an app.
    05-22-2019 02:45 PM
    Hard to be sure, but it sure seems like battery life has suffered lately. I haven't associated the May update with worse battery performance, but I suppose it's possible. Still, there are so many daily variables, who knows
    05-23-2019 09:10 PM
    I would highly suspect third party apps for the battery drain. Third party app developers (especially free ones) are notoriously sloppy when it comes to maintaining and updating apps, particularly when there's any changes in the os.

I don't run any third party apps for that exact reason, and my battery life has been consistently great from day one, with no changes from any system updates ;-)

I've always wiped the cache partition on my phones in the past after a system update of any kind, and I always restart my pixel twice after the initial restart after a system update, and since I have a landline my phones get shut off every night as well. I think the frequent restarts also help things a lot ;-)
    05-24-2019 06:18 AM
    How can you have no third party apps?! No Instagram, no WhatsApp, no banking app, no weather app etc etc?
    05-26-2019 07:02 AM
    How can you have no third party apps?! No Instagram, no WhatsApp, no banking app, no weather app etc etc?
    I do all my messaging with the built-in Google messaging app, I don't use Facebook, I don't bank on my phone or use it to pay for things with, my pixel gives me extremely accurate weather info on screen... including the current weather all the way up to the 10 day forecast, and reads it to me ;-) .......and I don't game on my phone, too busy for that and I have dedicated game consoles and PC's for my gaming and online banking needs.

What do I really need any third party apps for? Android comes with everything I personally need :-D
    05-27-2019 08:53 AM
    I am not impressed with the battery life on my 3 but with so many options to charge your device it really doesn't matter to me anymore.
    05-27-2019 11:10 AM
    this makes me worried as I just took advantage of the Verizon sale for 499.99 , 24 month deal. maybe should of gotten pixel 3a XL
    05-27-2019 12:24 PM
    this makes me worried as I just took advantage of the Verizon sale for 499.99 , 24 month deal. maybe should of gotten pixel 3a XL
    My Pixel 3, now running Android Q beta, lasts two days if I don't charge it every evening but I do. No Facebook, no Instagram, no social media at all, no games, and I do fine. It also means I don't walk into holes in the sidewalk while staring at my phone.
    farocco, J Dubbs and Tritonemusic like this.
    05-27-2019 07:45 PM
    I wouldn't worry. I can get two days easily with my 3. I'm not a power user, but I use my phone. Facebook, email, YouTube, banking, phone calls, texting. Two - three hours of screen time typically and as I said I can go two days on a charge.
    farocco likes this.
    05-28-2019 10:03 AM
    That's good news for me.
    05-28-2019 10:58 AM
    My Pixel 3, now running Android Q beta, lasts two days if I don't charge it every evening but I do. No Facebook, no Instagram, no social media at all, no games, and I do fine. It also means I don't walk into holes in the sidewalk while staring at my phone.
    I couldn't agree more with you! No social media for me at all! I have one puzzle game on my phone. Whenever my phone's on a flat surface I flip it over so the sensor turns off the always on Ambient display. My battery is a beast! I have no issues with it at all!
    05-29-2019 02:30 PM
    Lasting 2 days might be true of most phones based on your usage
    05-29-2019 09:36 PM
    Haha yeah but it still wasn't true for my older Verizon Galaxy S8 though...
    05-29-2019 09:37 PM
    I don't doubt that. But, that doesn't address the fact that the complaints about poor batteries rarely mention usage. Perhaps it would be interesting to see phones going toe to toe on battery power not by anecdotal evidence but by timing them running music videos.
    05-30-2019 08:15 AM
    This from today 2 hours talk time with 7 hours screen on time
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life-screenshot_20190609-221245.jpg   Battery life-screenshot_20190609-221041.jpg  
    deacon33 likes this.
    06-09-2019 10:19 PM
    I do all my messaging with the built-in Google messaging app, I don't use Facebook, I don't bank on my phone or use it to pay for things with, my pixel gives me extremely accurate weather info on screen... including the current weather all the way up to the 10 day forecast, and reads it to me ;-) .......and I don't game on my phone, too busy for that and I have dedicated game consoles and PC's for my gaming and online banking needs.

What do I really need any third party apps for? Android comes with everything I personally need :-D
    You're not making any sense. So you're pretty much saying dont download any apps? Its not always third party apps. Samsung batteries from my experience just randomly tend to drain weeks at a time then goes back to normal. No one has time to restart their phone several times a day. You're basing usage just off of you. Not factoring everyone uses their phone differently, I have to charge mine at least 3 times or more a day. Samsung phones and battery do not last as advertised and its been a pattern. SO instead of pointing fingers at this app and that app, just face facts battery life is mediocre.
    06-10-2019 01:46 PM
    Just another day with 7 hours SOT and almost 4 hours talk time . Makes me wonder just how much better it would have to be to be considered good.....
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life-screenshot_20190610-202418.jpg   Battery life-screenshot_20190610-202436.jpg  
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-10-2019 09:40 PM
    You're not making any sense. So you're pretty much saying dont download any apps? Its not always third party apps. Samsung batteries from my experience just randomly tend to drain weeks at a time then goes back to normal. No one has time to restart their phone several times a day. You're basing usage just off of you. Not factoring everyone uses their phone differently, I have to charge mine at least 3 times or more a day. Samsung phones and battery do not last as advertised and its been a pattern. SO instead of pointing fingers at this app and that app, just face facts battery life is mediocre.
    I was just making a point, third party apps can and do affect the battery life and overall operation of your phone....so folks should consider that when loading your phone down with a million apps you may not even need, then complaining when your battery life is crap and your phone is glitching out.

I'm not against third party apps..... I've used them in the past, I'm just trying to get folks to think about what they put on their phone ;-)

BTW I get 2 days on a charge with my pixel..... just like a lot of other folks here. I also got 2 days on my Moto x pure edition if I wanted to stretch it.... but that was limiting my sot..... that big LCD screen was a battery hog :O
    06-11-2019 04:48 AM
    My phone's been on for four hours and it says it has only one day (24 hours) and 8 hours left. Oh, woe is me. Of course, I don't play games, don't watch music videos, and don't do what's called social media.
    06-11-2019 09:24 AM
    Me too as well. Right now my phone says One day and 3 hours to go.
    06-11-2019 09:26 AM
    Have had the Pixel 3XL since February. I'm a heavy user with lots of 3rd party apps. I figure, why have an expensive phone if you're not utilizing its full capabilities to make your life easier and more convenient?

I'm careful with my battery, keeping it charged at work only up to 80% as most expert recommend. Adaptive battery in settings seems to be working well. You could augment by turning on battery saver, but I've found it limits several other displays and functions that to me keeping it on all the time is not worth it.

I too had a Moto X Pure and the battery was simply awful and drained very quickly despite my best efforts at battery management. i've got a wireless stand both at work and at home next to my bed, so it's easy enough to keep it charged up to 80% during the day. I also run a battery management app so I can see the health and it has helped with understanding how to use my battery better and how to better charge it. Still, I'm not overly impressed with the battery life, but it's so much better than my Moto X Pure, I'm not complaining.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-11-2019 11:54 AM
    I agree, I don't have a huge amount of applications on my phone like I used to have. Only reason is I only have the apps that I actually use on my phone.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-11-2019 02:23 PM
    My battery is lasting longer than it ever has. Not sure why but I'm loving it
    eric002 likes this.
    06-16-2019 08:54 AM
28 12