Pixel 3XL from BlackBerry KeyOne Virtual Keyboard

Godofbeer

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
It's not just the keyboard that is useful. The mail / message hub is quite nice. Love seeing all mail, phone, sms, and sent/reply info all in the inbox. Calendar not bad either. Provides a nice sense of the days flow in terms of when things happened relative to other activities.

Had forgotten how different BBs are. Surprised nobody is adding these functions to keyboards and mail apps.

W.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
It's not just the keyboard that is useful. The mail / message hub is quite nice. Love seeing all mail, phone, sms, and sent/reply info all in the inbox. Calendar not bad either. Provides a nice sense of the days flow in terms of when things happened relative to other activities.

Had forgotten how different BBs are. Surprised nobody is adding these functions to keyboards and mail apps.

W.
I personally disabled all the BlackBerry apps on all my DroidBerry's.
I find them redundant compared to Google's own which has seamless syncing.
I tried using the Hub on several occasions (now called "Inbox" for some reason which doesn't sound nearly as cool) but I found "BB Hub+ Services" app to be draining more battery than I thought it should.
Since I only use one account anyways, I just use the Outlook app.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Just tried the BlackBerry keyboard for the first time. Have tried many. It's amazing. The slide in left and right for numbers or extended characters is so useable. The flick upwards on a suggested word is also a good function.

Surprised I hadn't seen it recommended before.

Thanks the info.

W.
Where is this keyboard? I can't seem to find it in the Play smStore

EDIT: Found what I think is the solution on another forum (don't want to link to it as I'm not sure that's against the rules)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Where is this keyboard? I can't seem to find it in the Play smStore

EDIT: Found what I think is the solution on another forum (don't want to link to it as I'm not sure that's against the rules)
If you looked at post #4 above (https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=6552515) you would see the link to cobalt, which provides a method to download the Blackberry keyboard from the Google Play Store.
I tried it but couldn't figure out how to access the suggested words that appear on various keys as you type. On top of that I do 98% of my typing in landscape orientation and SwiftKey allows me to split the screen to make the keyboard easier to reach for both thumbs (how I type). I also find it easier to use the SwiftKey prediction - just tap the Space bar to accept the center prediction. Gboard doesn't seem to have anything that simple which is why I don't use it.

aecgda

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
You flick up the suggested word if you want it and it magically floats upward and disappears! If you don't want the word keep typing and more suggested words appear.

green_ember

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The one, two, and three finger right-to-left swipe to delete word(s) is what keeps me on the Blackberry keyboard. If gBoard had that, i'd probably switch. Although, I do like the ability to store up to 5 pre-canned responses. I made one my email address to make logging in to things easier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995