Pixel 3XL from BlackBerry KeyOne Virtual Keyboard

JSacco

May 23, 2019
Visit site
Hey,

I'll be switching from the BlackBerry KeyOne to the Pixel 3XL tomorrow and pretty pumped. This is actually my first phone away from BlackBerry.

My only concern is the Virtual Keyboard. I would like to use the BlackBerry Virtual keyboard. Is there anyone using the BlackBerry Virtual keyboard on their Pixel or any other Android device?

Would like to know your thoughts/impressions.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The G board is a excellent keyboard you shouldn't have any issues. You can also download the blackberry keyboard to your pixel.

JSacco

May 23, 2019
Visit site
I was reading that there was a specific way through "cobalt" to download the BlackBerry keyboard as apparently it is not compatible directly from Play Store. Is this true? What is this Cobalt exactly?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Embrace Gboard and forget about BB Keyboard. My wife swore she will never use Virtual keyboards. She has keyone and key two. She was getting very frustrated with the camera quality.

3 months ago, I gave her a challenge to use my pixel 2 XL panda for 3 weeks and if she doesn't like it, she can go back to key two. It's been 3 months and she is still using pixel 2 XL. She LOVES it. And she is so in love with that camera. It took her few days to get used to touch screen keyboard but she is a much happier phone user now. Have not heard her complain once. She used to always complain from her keyone and key two lol.

JSacco

May 23, 2019
Visit site
So far I'm really enjoying the Pixel. still getting used to the physical keyboard but overall it's been a pretty easy adjustment. Thanks for the help

ab190670

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
I made the same move a few months back and love it, to start with I didn't like the visual keyboard and gboard but have grown to love it. Still miss the pkb of the Keyone but the pixel is much better in all other areas.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Embrace Gboard and forget about BB Keyboard. My wife swore she will never use Virtual keyboards. She has keyone and key two. She was getting very frustrated with the camera quality.

3 months ago, I gave her a challenge to use my pixel 2 XL panda for 3 weeks and if she doesn't like it, she can go back to key two. It's been 3 months and she is still using pixel 2 XL. She LOVES it. And she is so in love with that camera. It took her few days to get used to touch screen keyboard but she is a much happier phone user now. Have not heard her complain once. She used to always complain from her keyone and key two lol.
If I found myself needing/wanting a really good mobile camera, I'd probably dual carry my KEYone/KEY2/LE with a Pixel.

... But I find that I very rarely take pics/videos so the KEY phones cameras are good enough for me.
I also have an S8 with the keyboard cover on it if I really needed a superior camera.

JSacco

May 23, 2019
Visit site
If I found myself needing/wanting a really good mobile camera, I'd probably dual carry my KEYone/KEY2/LE with a Pixel.

... But I find that I very rarely take pics/videos so the KEY phones cameras are good enough for me.
I also have an S8 with the keyboard cover on it if I really needed a superior camera.

When I was using my KeyOne, I was the same, didn't use my camera much and didn't really care for it as an important feature. However now that I use the Pixel, I tend to want to use my camera more. I'm just super impressed with the camera and the phone in general.

JSacco

May 23, 2019
Visit site
oh, but I'm glad I was able to install the Blackberry virtual keyboard to the pixel. By far best keyboard around...makes the Pixel experience much better and makes me still feel like I'm still using a Blackberry hahaha

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
oh, but I'm glad I was able to install the Blackberry virtual keyboard to the pixel. By far best keyboard around...makes the Pixel experience much better and makes me still feel like I'm still using a Blackberry hahaha
I did the same on my 2xl but changed to the Gboard on the pixel 3 and feel it's a better keyboard.

aecgda

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site

Me too. I like the phone but nothing beats the Blackberry virtual keyboard for me.

Godofbeer

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Wow. Just tried the BlackBerry keyboard for the first time. Have tried many. It's amazing. The slide in left and right for numbers or extended characters is so useable. The flick upwards on a suggested word is also a good function.

Surprised I hadn't seen it recommended before.

Thanks the info.

W.