Hey,

I'll be switching from the BlackBerry KeyOne to the Pixel 3XL tomorrow and pretty pumped. This is actually my first phone away from BlackBerry.

My only concern is the Virtual Keyboard. I would like to use the BlackBerry Virtual keyboard. Is there anyone using the BlackBerry Virtual keyboard on their Pixel or any other Android device?

Would like to know your thoughts/impressions.
    05-23-2019 12:31 AM
    The G board is a excellent keyboard you shouldn't have any issues. You can also download the blackberry keyboard to your pixel.
    05-23-2019 07:58 AM
    I was reading that there was a specific way through "cobalt" to download the BlackBerry keyboard as apparently it is not compatible directly from Play Store. Is this true? What is this Cobalt exactly?
    05-23-2019 08:57 AM
    I was reading that there was a specific way through "cobalt" to download the BlackBerry keyboard as apparently it is not compatible directly from Play Store. Is this true? What is this Cobalt exactly?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...droid-1083176/
    05-23-2019 06:08 PM
    Embrace Gboard and forget about BB Keyboard. My wife swore she will never use Virtual keyboards. She has keyone and key two. She was getting very frustrated with the camera quality.

3 months ago, I gave her a challenge to use my pixel 2 XL panda for 3 weeks and if she doesn't like it, she can go back to key two. It's been 3 months and she is still using pixel 2 XL. She LOVES it. And she is so in love with that camera. It took her few days to get used to touch screen keyboard but she is a much happier phone user now. Have not heard her complain once. She used to always complain from her keyone and key two lol.
    05-23-2019 07:03 PM
    Thanks for the link buddy!
    05-23-2019 11:30 PM
    So far I'm really enjoying the Pixel. still getting used to the physical keyboard but overall it's been a pretty easy adjustment. Thanks for the help
    05-23-2019 11:31 PM
    I made the same move a few months back and love it, to start with I didn't like the visual keyboard and gboard but have grown to love it. Still miss the pkb of the Keyone but the pixel is much better in all other areas.
    05-24-2019 12:08 AM
    If you want to try a different keyboard, I recommend SwiftKey from Microsoft. I've used both it and Gboard and like both. YMMV, but here's the link for SwiftKey. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...htype.swiftkey
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-24-2019 12:23 AM
    If you want to try a different keyboard, I recommend SwiftKey from Microsoft. I've used both it and Gboard and like both. YMMV, but here's the link for SwiftKey. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...htype.swiftkey
    Thumbs up for Swiftkey. Have it installed as well and was my 1st keyboard to use when I make the jump from blackberry few years back.
    Laura Knotek and KPMcClave like this.
    05-24-2019 05:47 AM
    Embrace Gboard and forget about BB Keyboard. My wife swore she will never use Virtual keyboards. She has keyone and key two. She was getting very frustrated with the camera quality.

3 months ago, I gave her a challenge to use my pixel 2 XL panda for 3 weeks and if she doesn't like it, she can go back to key two. It's been 3 months and she is still using pixel 2 XL. She LOVES it. And she is so in love with that camera. It took her few days to get used to touch screen keyboard but she is a much happier phone user now. Have not heard her complain once. She used to always complain from her keyone and key two lol.
    If I found myself needing/wanting a really good mobile camera, I'd probably dual carry my KEYone/KEY2/LE with a Pixel.

... But I find that I very rarely take pics/videos so the KEY phones cameras are good enough for me.
    I also have an S8 with the keyboard cover on it if I really needed a superior camera.
    06-16-2019 06:44 PM
    If I found myself needing/wanting a really good mobile camera, I'd probably dual carry my KEYone/KEY2/LE with a Pixel.

... But I find that I very rarely take pics/videos so the KEY phones cameras are good enough for me.
    I also have an S8 with the keyboard cover on it if I really needed a superior camera.
    When I was using my KeyOne, I was the same, didn't use my camera much and didn't really care for it as an important feature. However now that I use the Pixel, I tend to want to use my camera more. I'm just super impressed with the camera and the phone in general.
    06-16-2019 08:09 PM
    oh, but I'm glad I was able to install the Blackberry virtual keyboard to the pixel. By far best keyboard around...makes the Pixel experience much better and makes me still feel like I'm still using a Blackberry hahaha
    chrispmoto likes this.
    06-16-2019 08:11 PM
    oh, but I'm glad I was able to install the Blackberry virtual keyboard to the pixel. By far best keyboard around...makes the Pixel experience much better and makes me still feel like I'm still using a Blackberry hahaha
    I did the same on my 2xl but changed to the Gboard on the pixel 3 and feel it's a better keyboard.
    06-16-2019 09:42 PM
    now that I use the Pixel, I tend to want to use my camera more.
    Now that I use the BlackBerry, I tend to want to use my keyboard more

Different devices that specialize in different things
    06-17-2019 08:09 AM
    Me too. I like the phone but nothing beats the Blackberry virtual keyboard for me.
    06-18-2019 12:21 PM
    Me too. I like the phone but nothing beats the Blackberry virtual keyboard for me.
    Same here...

...aside from the BlackBerry physical keyboard of course!
    06-18-2019 06:47 PM
    I just tried, again, to see if I could use the G Board I have heard being mentioned.
    Nope.
    Blackberry Keyboard for me!!
    06-18-2019 08:11 PM