Send photos to Walgreens

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to send photos to Walgreens for printing. In the Walgreens app, only a few photos show in the Device folder. I have over 200 photos photos in my Pixel. Walgreens does not have an explanation. What can the problem be. Thanks

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I've run into this issue with my phones in the past. question number one, do you have your all of your photo store to your cloud Google photos account? If so, you have to download them locally to your phone memory. Then, in the Walgreens application, or in their photo editing machine in the store, it should show up. I hope this helps you out a little bit.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Finally found someone who knows the problem.
There are so many photos in google cloud that would be a great deal of work to have to restore them to the device. Is there a way to get them back in the Device easily. Your help is greatly appreciated.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sure, no problem Don't mention it. Are there a select few pictures in Google photos that you want to print? If not, It might just be easier to download and transfer the pictures to a flash drive and bring them back to Walgreens to print.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The flash drive solution is not a good idea for my wife. She just wants to go to Walgreens to pick up the finished photos. Why the photos on the device (google photos} can't be read by Walgreens is a real mystery to me. Support is supposed to be working on a fix. We'll see. Thanks again.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The flash drive solution is not a good idea for my wife. She just wants to go to Walgreens to pick up the finished photos. Why the photos on the device (google photos} can't be read by Walgreens is a real mystery to me. Support is supposed to be working on a fix. We'll see. Thanks again.

They are not on the device....you can see them on the device but you're viewing from the cloud.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I know that now. The photos on the cloud must be chosen manually to move them back to the Device. They are so numerous and my wife doesn't want to take the time to do it she's never waited so long before Google moved the photos to the cloud. She'll have to live with it. I just want her to stop being a techno phobic.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, correct. The photos are viewable on phone but they're in your Google cloud account. The easiest way is to manually download them, or transfer the photos to a flash drive.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I know that now. The photos on the cloud must be chosen manually to move them back to the Device. They are so numerous and my wife doesn't want to take the time to do it she's never waited so long before Google moved the photos to the cloud. She'll have to live with it. I just want her to stop being a techno phobic.
You could also download them to a PC

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes, correct. The photos are viewable on phone but they're in your Google cloud account. The easiest way is to manually download them, or transfer the photos to a flash drive.

It's the manual download that's the problem. If there is a way to download all the photos in the cloud in fell swoop and then choose the ones that she wants printed, do the Walgreens thing and then Google will put them on back on the cloud. I know that it's a workaround but it may make her feel better. Thanks again.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It's the manual download that's the problem. If there is a way to download all the photos in the cloud in fell swoop and then choose the ones that she wants printed, do the Walgreens thing and then Google will put them on back on the cloud. I know that it's a workaround but it may make her feel better. Thanks again.
Oh I know what you mean!I agree completely.. unfortunately, I don't think that you can do that.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Actually there is a way that you can do that on the PC

The UI on a PC has the photos separated by date. Your wife can select all the photos from a particular date and download them to a PC and then copy the photos back to her phone.

Or if there are specific photos that she wants, she can create an album in Google Photos, move the photos into the album on Google Photos, and the do the select all and download the photos to the PC and copy the photos back to her phone

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Why make it so difficult? The phone doesn't need to be involved at all, nor a flash drive. Just use the computer. Download the photos to the computer. From there, you can go to Walgreens.com, log in, click on Photo, and upload your photos for printing.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I would of liked to of seen a SD card slot on the pixel devices which would of made things easier. I know CVS changed their photo Mart to a much easier format to print photos I had a hard time at Walgreens and ended up at CVS.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. Using Walgreens was very convenient as my wife shops there often and it's close to us. I never had a problem as long as we decided to print right away. Once the photos moved to the cloud, is when we had the problem.

I just checked out cvs and it has the problem with the photos must still be on the DEVICE.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
For the future, change your settings so that you save a pic copy on the phone.
It's not hard to go through and select all the cloud stored pics you want and dl to your phone.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Interesting. Using Walgreens was very convenient as my wife shops there often and it's close to us. I never had a problem as long as we decided to print right away. Once the photos moved to the cloud, is when we had the problem.

I just checked out cvs and it has the problem with the photos must still be on the DEVICE.
It's not a "problem" that the data must be on the device for it to be read by Walgreens, it's physics. Not magic.