D brand skin

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So, I am planning on buying a new brand skin.. just wanted to show everyone my creation so far...
a68dfdbf38bf42e91633ffef58e4c0cd.jpg

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Nice looking format. Go for it looks good. I've also thought about getting one for my pixel book, but I like how it looks default. But I might pull the trigger to get a refreshing look.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yep thanks everyone. Have a few different style combinations going on, but I have a white pixel not a black why would I want to cover up the beautiful white with a darker color? That's why I went with white carbon fiber the red is one of my favorite color and the interior of my dad's car and Google logo color would either be green for Android or blue for one of my other favorite colors.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
That makes sense. I also have the white pixel and love the look so much that sometimes I even rock it naked, but makes me nervous lol. To me I really love the back of the pixel 3 I think it's just drop dead stunning and feels great in the hand. I know some people don't like it but I actually hope Google maintains this style for the pixel 4.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That makes sense. I also have the white pixel and love the look so much that sometimes I even rock it naked, but makes me nervous lol. To me I really love the back of the pixel 3 I think it's just drop dead stunning and feels great in the hand. I know some people don't like it but I actually hope Google maintains this style for the pixel 4.
I couldn't agree more with you! Most smartphones don't have the color of the back of the phone going up the sides but the pixel does! I was looking at a darker color, but it just doesn't make sense. The only other option for the back is the white marble, but I love carbon fiber. yeah I thought about using a naked Pixel, but it would scare the crap out of me lol Not like my current Peel case is any better though... Thankfully, I'm just not rough and tough on my phones.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday, I dropped my Kindle Paperwhite to the sidewalk. It landed on it's upper-right corner. Fortunately, there was no damage to the Paperwhite or to the cloth Amazon Kindle cover. I haven't dropped my Pixel 3 but I have knocked it off a table or desk a few times. My floor is tile over concrete but the Spigen case prevented damage.

The phone is beautiful. It's also $700+ at risk. I also bought a padded sleeve for when my Chromebook leaves home.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's very true. Last week I dropped my phone right in the street black top and it cracked my Whitestone screen protector (no damage to the actual screen) and i had a peal case which believe it or not protected the phone. Coming out with 0 scratches. The phone felt flat on it's face too. The bottom right hand corner if the case got roughed up so glad I had the case at that time.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've admittedly dropped my 3 XL a couple of times. Once at the gym on rubber floor mats in the locker room, once on bathroom tile. I think the Peel case offers as much scratch protection as a D brand skin honestly though. There's no lip on the case since it's a thin plastic case that's the point of it. Other than that, I'mt I'm very anal and careful with my phone.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
On another note can't wait for the pixel 4..
Hehehe honestly I've seen the leaked renderd pictures of the Pixel 4's, and my opinion I don't like the front so much. Google is potentially doing the same thing Samsung did with the s10s putting the whole punch for the cameras on on the right side making everything center for notifications such as the battery meter and cellular connection etc. I left everything off to the extreme left and right. Maybe that's just me but the design overall looks very good.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay just want everyone's opinion on one other design combination: instead of white carbon fiber back skin, what do you think of white marble back skin looks?
d13622e8a327a56c3cad44d73fa91c81.jpg

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay just want everyone's opinion on one other design combination: instead of white carbon fiber back skin, what do you think of white marble back skin looks?
d13622e8a327a56c3cad44d73fa91c81.jpg
I actually dig the white marble a little more. I mean they both look awesome but if it were for me I think I would go with white marble. Curious to see what your phone looks like in person once you apply which ever version you get.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I actually dig the white marble a little more. I mean they both look awesome but if it were for me I think I would go with white marble. Curious to see what your phone looks like in person once you apply which ever version you get.
hey, I appreciate your opinion! Yeah, I think that white marble skin do the phone a little bit more characteristics aesthetically speaking. Going to go for the white marble. Obviously, I'll take a picture with someone else's phone and post what what the end result looks like!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have white leather with black leather over my panda. Looks great. Had white marble. Looks great but slippy. I like the texture of the leather.
I couldn't agree more with you! Most smartphones don't have the color of the back of the phone going up the sides but the pixel does! I was looking at a darker color, but it just doesn't make sense. The only other option for the back is the white marble, but I love carbon fiber. yeah I thought about using a naked Pixel, but it would scare the crap out of me lol Not like my current Peel case is any better though... Thankfully, I'm just not rough and tough on my phones.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have white leather with black leather over my panda. Looks great. Had white marble. Looks great but slippy. I like the texture of the leather.
Yeah, I was looking at the white leather back skin. I know what marble just looks cooler tonight but yeah they all look great. as long as it's just a slippery as my peel case is on my phone right now I don't care lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon