Notifications NOT via Bluetooth

PhobicCarrot

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way, when the device (3XL) is connected to bluetooth in the car, for the notifications to come thru the device speaker? When I am listening to something other than bluetooth, all notifications seem to just go into the ether.

Help.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Not possible. Only BT handsfree protocol is possible to interrupt other audio sources. And that protocol is reserved exclusively for phone calls.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Google has locked down that part. Back in the old days like Android 2.0, there are apps that your can install to route all BT audio via hands free protocol. That no longer works. Without such tools, Tasker can't do anythng about it.
You can, however, temporary disable Media Audio connection in connection settings so that notifications will go through your phone while phone calls will still go to your car. But this setting change is temporary. Next time you reconnect to your car, it will be automatically re-enabled.
ad35f13e92fd3d751ccf054a947c9e1a.jpg

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure that setting is temporary? I also have media audio unchecked because I rarely use my phone to stream music and, like the op, I want to hear my notifications but I want my phone calls to route through the car's system. I've always had that setting turned off and it has never re-enabled itself. Maybe it's vehicle dependant?

PhobicCarrot

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I fooled around w/ Tasker and created a button which quickly shuts off media via bluetooth. It took me about an hour, but will save me headaches in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol