Google Tweeter Account Just Confirmed the Ugly back camera design

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, I don't see how the back of a camera can be ugly. The phone will most likely have three cameras on it. Same thing that iPhone 10s have on them. Looks good to me.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Same here I don't see that design being ugly. As a matter of fact I love it. If it means multiple lenses and that I can finally not being my thick moments case + wide angle lense with me when vacationing. I bet it looks much better in person too. The boxy lenses looks fine on the Huawei mate 20.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, great, touche. I don't mind having a single camera sell in the back of my 3XL. But yeah the design is not ugly it's nice round corners around it and it looks beautiful.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Count me as another that couldn't care less about what the back of the phone looks like. As long as it continues to take amazing photos, and I'm sure it will, then I'm good. Now, the front is a different story. Hopefully they can improve the design over what they put out last year with the 3 XL.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Just think what Google can do with 2 or 3 cameras !!! They already produce some of the best pics of available with a single lens. I can only imagine how great these will be.
I personally couldn't care less how it looks it's all about performance for me .

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Just think what Google can do with 2 or 3 cameras !!! They already produce some of the best pics of available with a single lens. I can only imagine how great these will be.
I personally couldn't care less how it looks it's all about performance for me .
Hell yeah I'm excited for this. I do hope they nail the front with no notch and more screen while maintaining front facing speakers. I don't mind a small bezel if it means keeping the front facing speakers.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't think cameras are pretty or ugly. There's only a coulple of shapes they can work with when multiple cameras are involved.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait to see it. If has multiple camera and give awesome telephoto shots like the P30 Pro, than I am all in. I would pre order tonight if I could.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
1) Why discuss Pixel 4 thoughts on the Pixel 3 sub and 2) the device looks fine.

Is there a Pixel 4 sub yet??

Also, anyone else notice theres no more fingerprint reader on the back? I hope it doesnt go to the front in the screen. I really like unlocking the phone when its face down and picking it up at the same time.

Lastly, while I dont have an issue with the camera bump design, now theres going to be a big void in the case. Its hard to offer protection when theres a massive square missing in the back.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Also, anyone else notice theres no more fingerprint reader on the back? I hope it doesnt go to the front in the screen. I really like unlocking the phone when its face down and picking it up at the same time.

Lastly, while I dont have an issue with the camera bump design, now theres going to be a big void in the case. Its hard to offer protection when theres a massive square missing in the back.
Not really th only draw back is that cases will need to be thicker. Also hard to tell from those photos but if you think about it the bump might not be much larger than the current pixel 3 and 3 xl camera bump. If that's the case they will still be able to make thin cases. Of course you will need to care more about the phone bc ultimately there will be a larger section exposed. Either way I'm all in for 2+ cameras. I hope if it's just 2 and it looks like 2 that it's a wide angle vs telephoto. I mean either one of them will be great really.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I'm thinking the cases will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles