Has anyone figured out how to find past events older than 1 year. My search only finds events less than 1 year. Thanks.
    06-25-2019 02:42 PM
    In what app? Put 1066 into a Google search and you'll find an event older than 1 year.
    06-25-2019 03:10 PM
    Older events in google calendar
    06-25-2019 05:00 PM
    Calendar app on the phone's primary job is to show you future events and alerts you. Past events don't need any alerts and doing nothing but take up valuable storage space on your phone. Hence, Calendar apps always have cut off date of storing past events. In the past, I remember my Windows Mobile phones only store past 2 weeks of the events. Google has been generous to store one year worth of past events.

Unfortunately, I don't see a search button on the Google Calendar app. So, to search for past events, you will have to go to calendar.google.com web site to search for all the old events.

Same goes for Gmail. It will store/sync certain number of days of emails on the phone (the default is 30 days but configurable). And there is a search functionality in Gmail app that can search through all your past emails even if it is not on your phone.
    06-26-2019 07:25 AM
    Your reply is very helpful. The reasoning makes sense. But I have been using it as a dairy, more or less. What app do you recommend for use of a diary? Thanks.
    06-26-2019 09:18 AM
    I use an app (paid version) called calengoo. I have events on my phone going back fifteen years. It syncs with Google Calendar on all my computers and devices. It is very customizable and works flawlessly.
    06-26-2019 10:23 AM
    I use an app (paid version) called calengoo. I have events on my phone going back fifteen years. It syncs with Google Calendar on all my computers and devices. It is very customizable and works flawlessly.
    I will give it a try?
    I loaded the app with no problem, but my existing Google Calendar didn't load. Is there a way to import it.
    Thanks

I just noticed that the app l used had a very similar name. Please forget this post. I've used your suggested app and it looks good. Thanks again.
    06-26-2019 01:27 PM
    Unfortunately, I don't see a search button on the Google Calendar app. So, to search for past events, you will have to go to calendar.google.com web site to search for all the old events.
    Calendar app does have a search function in the hamburger menu.
    06-27-2019 07:21 AM
    Calendar app does have a search function in the hamburger menu.
    You are right but it searches only what's on the phone. So, still useless for OP.
    06-27-2019 11:46 AM
    You are right but it searches only what's on the phone. So, still useless for OP.
    A work-around I've used in the past can be found here:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/go...ml#post6156695

I'm not sure if it still works or not and the risk for data loss is still there. Proceed with appropriate caution.
    06-27-2019 12:14 PM
    Isn't it far easier just open the calendar site on your mobile browser and search there?
    06-27-2019 12:19 PM
    Isn't it far easier just open the calendar site on your mobile browser and search there?
    I think so, but some may prefer using the app.

Irrelevant now but at the time I used the work-around, I don't recall the mobile calendar site being useful, or available at all. Currently, it's a bit of an eyestrain since it's so tiny (using small display size and small fonts on a Pixel 3).
    06-27-2019 12:37 PM
    I agree but I don't know how to FIND past events. I was looking for a search icon. Using the web version, I don't know how to find past events.
    06-27-2019 06:44 PM
    I agree but I don't know how to FIND past events. I was looking for a search icon. Using the web version, I don't know how to find past events.
    You will have to switch over to desktop site. The search button isn't available on mobile site. It is far easier to do so on a PC.
    06-27-2019 07:02 PM
    SwiftKey, only the Title field is visible for entry, I find I must adjust the typing box to the smallest in order to Type. How do I fix it
    06-27-2019 09:38 PM