07-15-2019 05:03 PM
33 12
tools
    no offer of an advance exchange
    Call them back, ask them to look at the record before you tell them what you want. Then say "Can we do an advance exchange please?" I've had 7 phones sent to me - a couple of times I had to ask for it, and got a response like "Oh, yes, I forgot to mention that". People are human - after a long day talking to people who don't understand what's covered, barely speak English, etc., they make mistakes. (Not that it matters, because they work around the clock, but customer service is in the Philippines and people slow down in the wee hours, even if they've only been at work for an hour.)
    07-13-2019 03:29 PM
    I've going back and forth between email on this as I want a trail of what was said. I asked for an advance exchange in my latest email I told Google if they don't resolve this with an advance exchange I might have to get an iPhone,. because if at least I have a problem I can take it to an Apple store and they will fix or do the replacement for me and only have to wait a day or two
    07-13-2019 03:44 PM
    still waiting for a reply but will they have been very persistent in their last few emails about only offering a standard exchange because I bought it from best buy....

for warranty replacement everyone should be offered the same options
    regardless of where I buy the product
    07-13-2019 03:54 PM
    here is the response I got from Google, not happy with their lackluster customer service I'm trading the piece of crap for the few bucks I can get for it, paying it off I'm getting something else.

Mike,

Thank you for contacting Google Support!

I understand your concern. I've tried to check with my resources and find an alternate options. I'm sorry to inform you that, this is the only option available. Please let me know if you'd like to proceed with Standard Exchange by replying to my email.
    07-13-2019 06:02 PM
    well my phone behave for about an hour then went back to what it's been doing ever since that update on Tuesday..
    That sounds really like an app you installed that is not compatible with the latest update. After factory reset, try not to restore. And install your apps one at a time to see if you can catch the bad apple.
    J Dubbs and DMP89145 like this.
    07-13-2019 07:23 PM
    here is the response I got from Google, not happy with their lackluster customer service I'm trading the piece of crap for the few bucks I can get for it, paying it off I'm getting something else.

Mike,

Thank you for contacting Google Support!

I understand your concern. I've tried to check with my resources and find an alternate options. I'm sorry to inform you that, this is the only option available. Please let me know if you'd like to proceed with Standard Exchange by replying to my email.
    I've heard a ton of complaints about Google's customer service versus a few good experiences, so that makes me hope I never have to deal with them :O

What somebody else mentioned is accurate though, factory reset your phone again but this time DON'T restore anything, because you could most likely be restoring the problem as well. Use it for a few days, and if it's fine start adding back your apps one at a time until you find the problem app.
    07-14-2019 05:16 AM
    Since the update, I can hardly use speakerphone anymore. Anytime I switch to speakerphone, people tell me they cant hear/understand me. When I switch back to the main microphone all is normal again. Very weird.
    07-15-2019 08:11 AM
    Since the update, I can hardly use speakerphone anymore. Anytime I switch to speakerphone, people tell me they cant hear/understand me. When I switch back to the main microphone all is normal again. Very weird.
    Have you tried booting the phone into Safe Mode to see if the problem persists?
    07-15-2019 05:03 PM
33 12