So I got the $300 off coupon from google....

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
$500 is a pretty good price for the pixel 3. But I have a OnePlus 6T that works perfectly fine that I really like. Is the pixel 3 worth it still for that price?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
$500 is a pretty good price for the pixel 3. But I have a OnePlus 6T that works perfectly fine that I really like. Is the pixel 3 worth it still for that price?

They are giving a $200.00 discount off by default. So actually they are giving you an extra $100.00 off.

I got the same email . :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think it all depends on how badly you would like to try the Pixel 3. It's a tough call. You're happy with your OnePlus 6T on the one hand, but the Pixel 3 is a very tempting phone. Maybe go to a store and hold it in the hand and see how it feels? That might sway you one way over the other.

Let us know what you decide!

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

GAH! I got this email as well and I just bought a used Pixel about two weeks ago for about $80 less although it is brand new looking. If only this deal came before I would have forked over a little more to get a brand brand new one. Oh well!

In my opinion the phone is definitely worth a purchase at this price considering the 3A is just $100 less but it all depends on what you value in a phone. You'll obviously have a smaller screen size no matter which model you choose (regular, or XL with it's...not so nice looking notch) and then you have the great camera. If you do get it, I think you'd be happy with the white version, it looks so clean, and not boring like the black one.

Shame I didn't get this email discount earlier!

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
GAH! I got this email as well and I just bought a used Pixel about two weeks ago for about $80 less although it is brand new looking. If only this deal came before I would have forked over a little more to get a brand brand new one. Oh well!

In my opinion the phone is definitely worth a purchase at this price considering the 3A is just $100 less but it all depends on what you value in a phone. You'll obviously have a smaller screen size no matter which model you choose (regular, or XL with it's...not so nice looking notch) and then you have the great camera. If you do get it, I think you'd be happy with the white version, it looks so clean, and not boring like the black one.

Shame I didn't get this email discount earlier!
I know, and the 3a XL is just a few dollars less for the bigger screen.

Just don't really need it but kind of want it.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I received the same email. I recommend the original poster keep his one plus and wait 3 more months for the pixel 4/4xl models.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I know, and the 3a XL is just a few dollars less for the bigger screen.

Just don't really need it but kind of want it.

If you don't really need it that is actually all the answer you need. It's easy to get sucked in to deals that you feel you can't pass on becausse they're so good but like dmx says, you could hold off and wait until the next models come out. I personally have learned not to buy Pixel phones as soon as they're released until all bugs software/hardware wise get addressed months down.

I for one take advantage when phones get significant price drops as I don't mind being one or even two generations behind on phones.

If you're happy with your OP6, which is a superb phone, no need to be tempted to get another. Also, I like that the OP6 still has a headphone jack :p

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Good point, thanks all. I'm going to wait, I'm liking what I'm seeing with the pixel 4. I'd also like to see if there's a 7T of some sort first too. If they both aren't my thing I'll just keep rocking the 6T.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed he has the OP6T not the OP6. In my opinion he should hold on to his current phone despite how good the deal is. Aside from camera and faster updates, I don't think he would be missing much from making the switch. Oxygen OS has more features too and I love Pixel phones but sometimes it feels just too plain vanilla even for me.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed he has the OP6T not the OP6. In my opinion he should hold on to his current phone despite how good the deal is. Aside from camera and faster updates, I don't think he would be missing much from making the switch. Oxygen OS has more features too and I love Pixel phones but sometimes it feels just too plain vanilla even for me.

I came from a Pixel 2 and I do like Oxygen OS more but I can live with vanilla Pixel OS just fine. The updates don't bother me and I've been happy with the camera really.

It's pretty hard to pass up a deal like that .

Stop enabling me! I was over it lol.

So, here's the thing, my kid needs a phone next month, and I was looking at a 3a for her. Still kind of thinking that's the way to go because its plastic but this seems like a good fit to for the price. However I can see me not wanting to give it up lol.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I came from a Pixel 2 and I do like Oxygen OS more but I can live with vanilla Pixel OS just fine. The updates don't bother me and I've been happy with the camera really.

Stop enabling me! I was over it lol.

So, here's the thing, my kid needs a phone next month, and I was looking at a 3a for her. Still kind of thinking that's the way to go because its plastic but this seems like a good fit to for the price. However I can see me not wanting to give it up lol.
I'm probably going that way for one of my kids , what you get at that price is very hard to beat.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have pixel 3xl and 6T. 3 xl is my daily driver because of the unbelievable camera and AOD. if both of these mean nothing to you, then you are wasting $500. 6T has the better design, better battery life and better OS.

Now, how bad do you want the best camera and AOD? It's that simple.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have pixel 3xl and 6T. 3 xl is my daily driver because of the unbelievable camera and AOD. if both of these mean nothing to you, then you are wasting $500. 6T has the better design, better battery life and better OS.

Now, how bad do you want the best camera and AOD? It's that simple.

yeah that's whats holding me back, coming from a Pixel 2 I haven't really missed those things. My 6T camera is arguably better than my Pixel 2 was at times and more than good enough most of the time as I've been very happy with it.

AOD I don't need, I like the ambient display better. I find that when it flashes is when I need to look, with AOD I'm just looking all the time to see if something changed.

I'd really want the bigger screen but not the notch of the 3XL so the 3a XL would really be my first choice in a Pixel. That said I loved the size and pocketability of my Pixel 2 and the 3 is basically the same so I do miss that because my 6T is a little on the bulky side in my pocket.

I love the battery life of my 6T, best I've ever experienced in an android phone. My pixel 2 was not a battery champ and I've heard the same about the 3.

I also get a student discount, so $450 for the 3 is tempting just on price. But you are right, it doesn't make sense otherwise.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
yeah that's whats holding me back, coming from a Pixel 2 I haven't really missed those things. My 6T camera is arguably better than my Pixel 2 was at times and more than good enough most of the time as I've been very happy with it.

AOD I don't need, I like the ambient display better. I find that when it flashes is when I need to look, with AOD I'm just looking all the time to see if something changed.

I'd really want the bigger screen but not the notch of the 3XL so the 3a XL would really be my first choice in a Pixel. That said I loved the size and pocketability of my Pixel 2 and the 3 is basically the same so I do miss that because my 6T is a little on the bulky side in my pocket.

I love the battery life of my 6T, best I've ever experienced in an android phone. My pixel 2 was not a battery champ and I've heard the same about the 3.

I also get a student discount, so $450 for the 3 is tempting just on price. But you are right, it doesn't make sense otherwise.

I think battery life alone is a big factor. I can't explain why the Pixel battery life is so poor (by today's standards). Even my Gen 1 pixel lasted longer.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
One more question, are the Google navigation gestures the only option for navigation on the Pixel 3?