August security patch rolling out

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Very important patch for wifi security. My Note9 will wait months for it so I have to remember to turn off my wifi when not at home.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I got mine first day and installed but I jumped on the Q beta 6 today. Enjoying the heck out of the good old three button setup. So much better than gestures IMHO.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I hate the stupid pill swipe thing. Actually using the Q gestures now, they are kind of like OnePlus' except not as fluid. So far the back swipe from the sides isn't really bothering me because I never think to use the slide out menus anyway, I always tap the hamburger button.

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
I got mine first day and installed but I jumped on the Q beta 6 today. Enjoying the heck out of the good old three button setup. So much better than gestures IMHO.

Have also decided to go for Q Beta finally.

I might be in the minority here, but the 2-button pill navigator works for me. Gotten so used to it and I appreciate how fast I can navigate. Felt like a hybrid between 3-button and full gesture.

However, will give the full gestures a try. So far it seems like will take some getting used to. Apparently I use the slide from left menu panel more often than I initially thought.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Have also decided to go for Q Beta finally.

I might be in the minority here, but the 2-button pill navigator works for me. Gotten so used to it and I appreciate how fast I can navigate. Felt like a hybrid between 3-button and full gesture.

However, will give the full gestures a try. So far it seems like will take some getting used to. Apparently I use the slide from left menu panel more often than I initially thought.

What I got used to was doing the gesture three or four times or deleting items from GMail or Keep when I was trying to change pages. Now I'm doing the two-button navigation and hoping I'm not forced to do gestures. Of course, with two-button, I'm also not required to use Pixel Launcher.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
What I got used to was doing the gesture three or four times or deleting items from GMail or Keep when I was trying to change pages. Now I'm doing the two-button navigation and hoping I'm not forced to do gestures. Of course, with two-button, I'm also not required to use Pixel Launcher.
Yep, I'm ok with the two button or pill and back button setup so long as I don't have to use the Pixel launcher. I sincerely loathe the double swipe up for the app drawer. Add to it there's no swipe down for notifications and no double tap to lock and I'm overall very satisfied with Nova launcher and the two button arrangement though on Q I'll likely go back to the three button setup as I think it's just as good and intuitive.

Now if I could get OnePlus gestures on my pixel 3 I'd be all set because they do work great.

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site

Was afraid of triggering the wrong actions as well. I end up checking if the arrow for the back gesture is there before I release my finger.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have not moved to Android Q. Some of the posts here have made me wonder if upgrading is a good idea. I don't want to lose the one swipe down for notifications. There are other things that are worrying me. I don't want to lose any of my old features. I need reassurance that I won't lose my current functions. Thanks

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
I have not moved to Android Q. Some of the posts here have made me wonder if upgrading is a good idea. I don't want to lose the one swipe down for notifications. There are other things that are worrying me. I don't want to lose any of my old features. I need reassurance that I won't lose my current functions. Thanks

Swipe down for notifications is still there as per the standard in Pie (swipe down from top of the screen).

I think the one missing he mentioned is from the Nova launcher (swipe down from anywhere).

Overall, Q seems great so far. You will have the option to use 2-button or even 3-button navigation if you don't like the full gesture navigation method. I'm trying to get used to it, we'll see. Haha

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie